Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps my clutch lever has started rattling through 9k-10k rpm.
Anyone know how to get rid of this pain in my anus?
Also can anyone reccommend some sticky summer tyres? On bridgestone BT014 at the mo, leaving black marks is good fun but sometimes scary :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sounds as if the bushing in the lever is worn out. You should be able to replace it. As far as tyres go,I prefer bridgestone's and if the the 014's are'nt doing the job you want....try the new 002's,they'll get it done.:thumbup

·
Registered
604 Posts
Michelin Pilot Power's all the way! Just put them on my 01 ZX-6R and love em....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Being a 2005 (going by the profile) I doubt the lever bushing has worn out. More likely you need to adjust the clutch cable/lever pull. There should only be 2-3mm play before you feel tension on the lever when you pull it in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My '07 zx6r clutch lever rattles some at the same place - adjusting and tightening the lever helped some, but not completely. I'm putting on Pazzo levers this weekend anyway, so I'll have to report if they clear it up completely.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies. Tried adjusting it no joy. Might try the new michelin dual compound tyres. Anyone tried them yet?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine was loose too (06). There is a small 10mm nut on the bottom. Tightened it up a little and problem was solved.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
My '07 zx6r clutch lever rattles some at the same place - adjusting and tightening the lever helped some, but not completely. I'm putting on Pazzo levers this weekend anyway, so I'll have to report if they clear it up completely.
i think we're gonna need to see some more pictures of your '07 when you get those pazzo's :devious

-:banana

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hopefully tonight!! They shipped Wed.... Pictures for sure!!

BTW: Same fix here on my clutch - just tightened the nut and got rid of most (but not all) of the buzz... Just got used to the remaining "fizz"... ;-)

i think we're gonna need to see some more pictures of your '07 when you get those pazzo's :devious

-:banana

1 - 10 of 10 Posts