Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey riders I need help... My clutch cable snapped yesterday when i was out ridding and today I picked up a use 07 cable but it doesn't fit my 07 zx6r it's to short help please!!!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Connect it to your clutch first, pull it tight, and then connect to your lever. Don't lock them up until it's actually in and you can adjust it. Make sure to grease it as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brandon I tried everything from the clutch first then trying to lever first it's like a finger length short .... I was pulling an pulling to stretch it and nothing :(

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Brandon I tried everything from the clutch first then trying to lever first it's like a finger length short .... I was pulling an pulling to stretch it and nothing :(
Then whoever you got it from lied to you. Never buy used parts if you can help it, especially cheap parts like clutch cables. Get an OEM one off ebay.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a honda dealer order me a clutch cable for my ninja 250. Just barely slid into the lever assembly.
It snapped like 3 months down the line.
Order a new one from partzilla; was easy to attach.

You got the wrong one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I was just trying to get the part quick so I would be able to ride today but didn't even get to ride....so best bet is to just order the real 07 zx6r clutch cable? Cause I read a article saying that the zx-10 will fit is that true?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried all of em they all say we gotta order it blah blah sad day for me but I guess I will have to wait for the OEM one to come in the mail....good looking out with the help riders!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I order all OEM parts through bikebandit or partzilla. The only place that might have them in stock are actual Kawi dealers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts