Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Hoping one of you can spread some light on an issue I've been having with my 2005 636. When I first bought the bike (in the early spring) I noticed that when I first started the bike up and starting riding, when I was at low speeds there was a clunking noise coming from what sounded like right under me. It went away over the summer (my guess is because it was hot out) but now it's started again. Only happens when at low rpm and when the bike is cold, but doesnt happen everytime those conditions are met.

Tonight it got really cold while I was in class (5 degrees celsius) and the clunking was louder than ever.

There is a known issue, my chain is bad, loose in some spots tight in others (a new one is on its way). Could this be related? Anyone else have similar problems? It sounds like there are big rocks thumping around in my lower fairing and the louder it gets the more I worry.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Yes, it's most likely your chain. It will pop when a tight link goes over the front sprocket and more obvious at low speeds and when the chain is cold. Start with known bad part. Easy fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts