Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
its cool ill throw the old clocks in with and they can add the 2 together lol

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
yeah but would look cool on the older bikes
It would, I agree 100% but, I'm not forking out cash for a new engine just so I can put different clocks on.....

In fact, if it gets to the stage of this bike needing (another!!) new engine then I'll be scrapping it, as it is, with the money I've spent so far on her, I could be halfway towards my zx10r!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It would, I agree 100% but, I'm not forking out cash for a new engine just so I can put different clocks on.....

In fact, if it gets to the stage of this bike needing (another!!) new engine then I'll be scrapping it, as it is, with the money I've spent so far on her, I could be halfway towards my zx10r!
that is very true how is the saving getting on?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just and a chat with the parts guy from Kawasaki and they are not sure what temp sensor to use iv got the 03-04 clocks any ideas any one

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Iv just read through the how 2 and it said I will have to drill and tap the engine dose any one know where I would have to do this so I know wether or not to do it

·
Registered
847 Posts
Look's really good Bud, I'd be careful drilling and if you do make sure you get rid of any swarf that ends up on the inside. You're a braver man than me! :scared

Is the temp really crucial for everyday riding? Your cooling fans should cut in if she gets too hot! If she's blow's like Moby Dick, pull over :thumbup

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It is really I'd like it to work for my own pics of mind as for drilling the hole if it is in the head I hav one off being gas flowed and polished so will do it when that comes back

·
Registered
794 Posts
go to a machine shop with your original sending unit, and the correct one and have them machine you an adapter out of brass, thats how i got around drilling the block

21 - 32 of 32 Posts