Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put some clip-ons on my 2016 ZX-6R. Everything is stock on my stock clip-ons atm.

I want something that will be more comfortable for road use, but not effect the bike during the monthly track day. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on what to go with?

I have read through the forum and found one or two threads that mention the clearance is horrible to work with, but the only thing I notice on my bike that might be a challenge is the front brake reservoir hitting the wind shield. I want to bring the bars up as much as possible, without angling them back much as the clearance to the gas tank is already too small for my hands.

Thanks for any recommendations/tips.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
As you raise them you will most likely find the brake lines won’t give you any extra length; especially if you have aftermarket lines!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Check these out. Fully adjustable.

Apex 3" clip ons

@jd41, do you have any personal experience with these? If so, how much rise did you actually get out of them?

As you raise them you will most likely find the brake lines won’t give you any extra length; especially if you have aftermarket lines!
@Duc995, I am looking into putting steel lines on the bike as it currently has stock lines. Would going an inch or two extra be a bad thing on the line length? Or do they need to be within an inch of the "right/tight" length?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
@jd41, do you have any personal experience with these? If so, how much rise did you actually get out of them?

@Duc995, I am looking into putting steel lines on the bike as it currently has stock lines. Would going an inch or two extra be a bad thing on the line length? Or do they need to be within an inch of the "right/tight" length?
I don’t see anything wrong with lines having some extra length. See what you like/can make work with the available clearance issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts