Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I havent been in washington long and was wondering are smoked tail lights legal for motorcycles I looked on the washington state patrol website and they said colored (smoked) tail lights and clear are illegal and that seems dumb to me because what else is there if you cannot use smoked or clear? Anyone know? Besides im looking at new tail lights and was looking for a bright tail light that looks good and works well any sugestions?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ok so I havent been in washington long and was wondering are smoked tail lights legal for motorcycles I looked on the washington state patrol website and they said colored (smoked) tail lights and clear are illegal and that seems dumb to me because what else is there if you cannot use smoked or clear? Anyone know? Besides im looking at new tail lights and was looking for a bright tail light that looks good and works well any sugestions?
Smoked is not legal, clear...well shit the stock tail light is clear if that gives you any indication at all.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I live in GA and I have a blue taillight. It still lights up red and turn signals are yellow. Never been messed with.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I live in GA and I have a blue taillight. It still lights up red and turn signals are yellow. Never been messed with.
Doesnt mean its legal, hell i rode around for 2 years without a license plate on my bike and never got pulled over, doesnt make it legal though. :dozingoff:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Doesnt mean its legal, hell i rode around for 2 years without a license plate on my bike and never got pulled over, doesnt make it legal though. :dozingoff:
:dowhat

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
never said it was legal, I rode on a permit that was expired for 2 years, I have got pulled over with it but let off with a warning. thats not legal! :rock:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
how da hell you get away with that one?:eek:mg:

·
Registered
946 Posts
smoked if anything infront of a cop use hand signals loll thats what i do

·
Registered
312 Posts
i know in CA, the lenses can be smoked as long as the vehicle still reflects red to the rear. I have the dark smoke lexan covers on my camaro and got a fix-it ticket because it covered the red reflector...

Something to think about :dowhat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts