Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I bought my 07 zx6r last July and it already had a clear alternatives integrated tail light on it. However, over winter storage I noticed that one of the 2 screws that mount the light on was missing ( i don't know how). I couldn't find that screw anywhere, i tried lowe's, home depot, and multiple parts stores. So I used the best one I could find, and I guess it wasn't quite big enough so it fell out while I was riding and the other screw wasn't enough to hold it on so the plastic around the screw broke off and I have to use zip ties to hold it up. I used the screws on this tail light to hold up my license plate mount as well so I have to zip tie that as well. However, the zip ties don't hold the tail light up straight. The only solution I can think of is to either leave the zip ties, or order a new Clear Alternative tail light, which will cost about $90 (which I don't want to do, especially since this one works perfectly fine, just the plastic around the screw hold is broken). Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions? Thanks. (the first pic shows the broken piece).

Also, let me know if more/better pics are needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Skip buying a new light like that and get the under-tail kit. Little LED brake light that fits I believe right over the skirt so the only thing on the lower bracket is your plate. What you have is fugly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree I'm not a huge fan of how it looks either but the guy who I bought the from gutted the exhaust and the bracket is welded to the bottom of the exhaust.. Also, which undertail are you talking about? Oddly enough, the 2 screws underneath the Seat that I see on everybody else's bike aren't on mine. . I can upload pics later to show

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Not sure on the brand, but it looks like this.

And I would assume that you can put a cheap slip-on on and find some screws for your undertail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts