Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Chuckwalla: May 30th

2K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  jeffrecodo 
#1 ·
So I haven't signed up yet, but plans are pretty solid for a trip down to Chuckwalla the last weekend in May. If you guys want to meet up, that would be cool. I'm not too familiar with what's out there but it's looking like we will probably head down Friday night and camp. Anyone want to meet up?

Reactions: jeffrecodo
#3 ·
I'll be riding in C group. My track buddy bailed though so if anyone near me wants to car pool, I'll be renting a trailer and rolling up solo on Friday night. Although, I will have to map it out logistically as the date approaches.

#5 ·
I wish I could go over and ride one of those west cost tracks. maybe someday :(

Reactions: MistressOfMayhem
#11 ·
You don't know how hot it gets out there in May, do you? The owner called it "sub-saharan Africa hot" when I was talking to them...

Bring booze/entertainment for camping. There's nothing in Desert Center except Chuckwalla.

That all being said I race with CVMA and Chuckwalla is absolutely my favorite track around here. The TrackDaz guys are awesome too. Good fun to be had all around.

#14 · (Edited)
I'm not too familiar with what's out there
Nothing.... nothing is out there. Except dirt. And a racetrack.

Personally... I won't ride there. Not for any reason besides the amount of time and money it takes to get there. And there's seriously NOTHING out there. Least of all shade. So bring your easy up... and an air mattress. No soft dirt to camp on like other places. Just asphalt. Oh... and you'll be sleeping to the sweet sounds of 125 generators and breathing their fumes all night too. So you'll have that "I didn't get any oxygen to my head last night" feeling the next day.

Fuck-walla.

Now... put that track somewhere closer to civilization? Gold mine.

#15 ·
It's a fun ass track to ride. Right now is the prime time to go. I was just there last weekend and it was 80 with a cool breeze. Was perfect. May 30 it'll probably be already getting over 100. I rode there once, 2 days in a row at 108 degrees. Honnestly wasn't too bad cause once again there was a breeze and I had an air conditioned RV. Haha.

They are up and coming still. One day there should be a full paddock area with electric and multiple tracks and configurations.

And again, fun ass track to ride.

#17 ·
I mean don't get me wrong fellas, I'm no fan of the heat, and I'll probably be sick with dehydration but life is what you make it. I've lived in the rectum of Cali for a long time and while it's less than ideal climate and human intellect-wise, I find ways to deal with and overcome it. A huge part of that is riding. I definitely appreciate the warning though. But I'm sure that the ride will be worth the labor.

That said, if you never ride there again then that's your choice. Those who choose to venture only into places that are comfortable and accommodating inherently imprison themselves to a small world of convenience.

I'm not saying that you should seek to be miserable, but Damn, how do you live if you've never confronted a challenge?

Bring on the Dragon flies

Reactions: kk2hernandez
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.