Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone....was thinking of doing a rim exchange to get a set of chrome rims for the ride....thoughts on what you think it will look like? Do it, don't do it?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone have any great companies to work with on rim exchange?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i say no man... get some carbon fiber rims =)

if you want chrome thats why they got harleys... go get a fatboy.. drop it.. strech it a foot and put one of them massive wide tires on and chrome the fuck out of it...

that is of course you want to ride a harley and spend like 60k

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
not keen on the chrome rims but they can look good on some bikes, i Prob would not do it cos i like the painted finish

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like carbon fiber as well.....got any suggestions on where to get a cheaper pair, where I'm not spending $2,500 on a pair? That's what I was trying to avoid.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i'd say no for the blue bike. i think it can look good on some colors (black especially), but im not seeing it with yours... i seriously doubt you'll find CF rims for anywhere close to cheap

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't do it !!

It'll make you look like all you care about is how you look, not how you ride.

Plus, chrome is sooo tacky. (and heavy)

disclaimer: I'm really square and only like plain stuff. I prefer to blend in.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Only reason why I say no is because I don't think it would look right with the frame. Now if your frame was chrome too I'd say yes.

I think chrome on a sportsbike is "purposeful" only when the bike is custom (ie: custom paint and other "trick" stuff)

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'd go for the polished edges look first and see if you like the look before going the whole hog.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with most of these guys. Chrome makes the bike look heavy which does not fit with sport bike ideals. Go for something light and sporty looking. Does not have to be CF but that would look really good.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, rims are already the same color as the bike...if I were to do another color, give me some ideas? Thanks all.

·
Registered
590 Posts
in my opinion, chrome is a waste of money, and all they do is make your wheels heavier. Carbon Fibre light weight wheels is the way to go. why would you want to make a sport bike less sporty by fucking up the handling, making it heavier, plus it will stop slower and accelerate slower.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts