Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to visit my parents in naples FL for christmas and here's some pics from the trip

Me after some laps on my mom's KX80 - the little bike is wayyy too much fun:hail

short video
http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10047/MVI_5878.AVI

Tested out my dad's new push bike. Seriously hard to do wheelies on it:banghead

cool building on the beach - botom part of it looks sorta like a ship. For about 30 million (I think) you can buy a condo in one of the upper floors:deal

Sunset over the ocean

The moon

The moon and mars (little dot below the moon)

mom and dad got new tennis racquets for christmas, I had to give it a try (I've never played before)

Tossed the football around on the beach

dad and I dialing in the jetting on mom's bike

mom says the jetting is pretty good, but still just a little blubery in the middle.

A few quick laps with me aboard and the blubberyness is all gone. Probably just a bit of carbon in the exhaust or something. WOT around a sand track cleared it all out and the bike ran crisp as can be:deal

breakfast!

http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10047/MVI_5864.AVI

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
This is what forums are about! Awesome. I love seeing pics like this. Places I don't live in and never been to interest the hell out of me. I just assume everyone else are aliens and live completely different to me. You're a strange lot.

I spent Boxing Day with a few friends on pit bikes. Little 149cc ones. Scared the beejesus out of me. They're flighty as hell. Your mums looks a lot more stable and fun. How much grunt has that thing got? Nice to see you both all kitted up. I had no protection on whilst riding the pit bikes so that might have been half the problem.

Naples looks gorgeous. And damn, 30 million. Crikey.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Q, the bike is a kawasaki KX80 - its made for motocross racing for kids. Its just like a full size mx race bike, only smaller:)

It has inverted cartridge forks, a very sturdy perimeter frame, hydro disk brakes, fully adjustable shock etc.

The motor is an 80cc liquid cooled two stroke with a 6spd gearbox and manual clutch (so works just like a zx6). It makes a very surprising amount of power. More than most riders can use in such a light bike (about 22hp or so), but its mostly all at higher rpms. Not a lot going on at low rpms - a lot like a 600cc I-4 sport bike in that regard too:) It hauled me around a full size sand-based MX track at a very respectable speed (passed more than a few adults on full size mx bikes:deal)

I also rode my dad's KX250 (full size mx race bike) and turned considerably faster laps than on the 80, but it wasn't half as much fun:laugh

Naples is very nice. There are people there from all over, seems a popular retirement spot for rich folks from all over (well Europe and north America anyway - haven't seen many people from the southern hemisphere there). Condo's on the beach are huge and expensive, houses on the bay are huge and expensive (15k sq ft and 60 million for some) but half a mile inland a decent house can be had for 1m and 15 miles inland a very nice house can be had for 200k.

Lots more pics in my picasa account if you get bored - www.picasaweb.com/joshua.minix :banana

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
looks like a ton of fun was had and some nice night pics too, like the joint light up with palm trees looks sweet

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most of those were my sony DSC-S85 (point and shoot, old and slow, but was sorta high end in its day). Most of the ones I'm in were my dad's canon SD1000 (point and shoot digital elph).
I really wish I could have had a dslr on the trip, but pilette was off bumming around the Caribbean and had need of her slr so no stealing it this time. I'll have my own by summer though I think:)

crtl, definately will hit you up if we make it to croom. This place was near Miami on the seminol indian reservation. Its a lot closer to my parents place than croom so we went there (1.5hrs vs 4hrs drive I think).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts