Votes: 42 84.0%
  • -1/+2 sprockets and healer

Votes: 8 16.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a bonus. I have enough to get gears and speedo-healer with some money left over or and exhaust and use a little of my savings for a PCIII.

I ride on the streets, mostly to work but with the weekend twisty session. What mods would you do and why?

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'd go the exhaust and PCIII. But that's just what I'd do if I were you. Exhausts are always fun for the extra note they give you and even though the PCIII isn't necessary if you're getting a slip on it does smooth out the power band. I have no experience with sprockets but those who have them are usually over the moon about the extra fake power they give you. I just don't like my bike revving any higher than it has to. It's vibrating itself to bits as it is already!

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
i would do the jumper mod 1st and then go for the sprockets and the slipon and then if u have enough money get your self a pc111, your bike will love it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its kinda hard to say being that the sprocket conversion is so inexpensive, but I would to the exhaust and sprocket change if you really want it. Then save up your pennies and get the pc III since it isn't completely necessary yet.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
the fact that the pcIII isn't necessary matters not, in my opinion. No, it isn't necessary as a supporting mod yet, however, it is quite a mod itself. The remap gains you good horsepower, do i'd say it's definately worth doing by itself. I'd see how your bike feels with it and the slip-on, and..if you still want it to get into your power band faster, do sprockets. If you do spockets first, then add more horsepower, you might find you wish you had left your gears closer the the stock ratio b/c you feel like your revving the piss out of your bike when you'd be completely satisfied with the power at lower rpms.

I vote pcIII and slip-on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the exaust and PCIII make that much of a noticeable difference? I know the PCIII adds power and smoothes out the powercurve, but will they make enough of a difference to make it worth it?

Most of my driving is around town and I do a lot of low speed lane splitting. Having the gears will make it easier to control the bike at those lower speeds.

Thought I'd share a little more insight.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
supposively on the 07's there is ~20 pounds to be saved in just the exhaust

There's probably 20 lbs of weight that can be dumped with a lightweight exhaust, and the extra power to be had from the pipe and the ECU trick will definitely help it breathe.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=4514&Page=6

i admit i don't have experience with the pcIII, or much with bikes, but i know for cars a tune is a helluva good way to add horsepower.

i'd say either will be a nice choice of mods and will net noticable differences...if it was me, i'd go with pc3.

·
Registered
764 Posts
that would drop you to 346lbs. :D On the other hand I did the gear and speadohealer :p

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'll check today after work. I only did the -1 in the front though it really woke the bike up though. I like my top end too much to do more.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I voted exhaust and pc3. The stock sound of (at least my bike) is very anemic. I like a nice throaty growl. And the pc3 will eliminate the lean stock map. Oddly enough - I still haven't done it to my bike but I'm getting nearer to my breaking point!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since many of you voted for the PCIII I would like to know how much knowledge of fuel maps and curves you need to know to make full use of the PCIII. Is it just a "plug and play" sort of thing or is there programming and adjustments involved.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Since many of you voted for the PCIII I would like to know how much knowledge of fuel maps and curves you need to know to make full use of the PCIII. Is it just a "plug and play" sort of thing or is there programming and adjustments involved.
I know they have a bunch of pre-made custom maps based on common setups (air filter changes/different exhausts) on their website. I'm guessing you can find the closest matching one an upload it to the PCIII. Otherwise many people pay shops to custom map specifically for their setup.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts