Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I've been in need of race plastics for a while. So when cleaning out my storage unit I found my set of china plastics for my 09 I bought after I wrecked my bike.

Well now back to oem plastics on the bike but don't want to thrash them on the track.

I have extensive experience with fiberglass work in the car audio world. But never abs body work to fiberglass patches.

Any positive input would be nice if any one has 09 race plastics I'm very interested in some good pics of the front fairing. Front back, sides, inside. Post them up here.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
If you have CHina plastics like mine were, just bondo any scratches/cracks and respray the way you want. Find a good heat shield for the back of them (at least the sides) and you're good to go.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm filling or covering headlight turn signal openings. Molding upper and mid fairings together molding tail section together and lowers together

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
If you have CHina plastics like mine were, just bondo any scratches/cracks and respray the way you want. Find a good heat shield for the back of them (at least the sides) and you're good to go.
There's a lot more to turning them into race plastics than that. For one the lowers need to be able to hold fluids.

·
Registered
101 Posts
curve a piece of cardboard around the front of the fairing then fiberglass on the inside. after it dries pull the cardboard and make the final adjustments needs.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a lot more to turning them into race plastics than that. For one the lowers need to be able to hold fluids.

Very true although I won't be actually racing with these I still want them to hold fluid because I care about my fellow track goers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts