Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering who has chicken strips? I am no rossi or stonner wanna be and wanna see how i compare to others? Only had the tyre 3 months..

·
Registered
450 Posts
^^^reducing lean angle is a good thing...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
damn faster that is one fried chicken.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It's properly fried! Just perfect..

I've seen tires tore up worse than that but then thats not really a good thing.

·
Registered
956 Posts
i have a few millimetre chicken strip on the left hand side of my front tyre :rant
Some of the new tire profiles are so steap it takes one hell of a lean angle to get all the way over n the front.

On my Mich PPs I got over on the front first few laps.

on my Pirelli supercorsa race it took me a few track days to get over on the front and I still have 1/2 a millimeter left.. however by Monday (my next track day) I may get over?? .. but I don't really want to try to get that far over unless I have an O shit moment or something.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
nah this is on my 2ct's so it's not that a steep a profile compared to the pirelli's, got rid of the rear chicken strips after 30 miles on the road, it's just i like winding my mate up about his chicken strips on his front tyre when i don't have ne cos it's funny to see him wound up :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Probly a stupid question or im just dumb but what is chicken strips?

·
Registered
956 Posts
A chicken strip is the strip of virgin rubber on the sides of tires if you have not leaned over far enough to ware off the virgin rubber!

also your a chicken because you are scared to lean over the bike!

So some one started calling them "chicken strips"!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Probly a stupid question or im just dumb but what is chicken strips?
chicken strips are un worn sides of a tire. usualy the middle is worn and its like an 1-2 inches on the sides of the tire that are never touched beacuse someone is too 'chicken' to lean the bike. If your a city rider/highway biker this dosent mean you suck.. just you dont have a chance to lean your bike to a nice angle to wear your tire.

It is however ment as an insult... better take out that sand paper =)

look at my tire if you can see the picture... see how the middle is the only part not smooth and shiny looking? My tires are brand new so its really easy to see.. i only used the middle 1.5 inches of the tire and the sides are un touched. Now take a look at Stitzo and Faster's pictures... thats fried chicken hehe.... gotta be a track whore or have some nice twisty roads to get that much lean thou.. so dont try to be the next rossi turning onto every street to get rid of your chicken strips lol

alll this talk about chicken is making me hungry!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I like the the way you put that ninjarr07.
"...this dosent mean you suck.. just you dont have a chance to lean your bike to a nice angle to wear your tire."
:thumbup

·
Registered
956 Posts
The other thing to be careful of, is if you don't use the whole tire for a long time you can develop an ridge on the tire. Kind of like a second edge and the bike gets all weird because your contact patch is all F'ed up.. so if you have mad chicken strips on tire you have had for a long time don't try to lean over on those tires.. get some new ones where the profile is good!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts