Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Chicken strips can either mean one of two things to me.

1) a rider does not use enough body position so has to compensate by counter-steering more and thus leaning bike to maximum while not being able to turn as sharply

2) person who utilizes both body position and lean, but this should only be done on a smooth, clean track. Trying to max lean in any case on the street is stupid because of gravel, oil, unfortunate luck, etc.

Don't worry about chicken strips. Those who do attempt max lean on the streets crash eventually no matter how skilled due to road conditions. Play it safe and if you do want to push corners, I stress hang-off body position and control of speed. Don't be going at such a speed that requires maximum lean to clear a turn.
Yep,,

noticed your post count.

Why not say HI with a official thread telling us about yourself, a little history and of course a picture or 10 of your bike.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My First track day, I was working on techniques , took lunch break and People in my group told me wow, you Fast, I didn't know. It was easy chasing the instructor, actually passed him because he slowed in curve to look behind, I had wtf moment and passed him in inside, instead of crashing in him. After not having a reference I got slower LMAO. At end of the day front and back tires had zero strips, keep in mind track tire pressure is low compared to street, more likely easier to flex tires and eat up chicken strips.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Your bike is faster straight up, as you get comfortable they will disapear and also you need the right corners to achive it. What i noticed for me was and i dont sugust doing this was 80mph in the 30mph corner seemed to be the mix that wiped my strips off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My first crash happened because I was trying to get rid of chicken strips or trying to drag knee in a parking lot doing circles. I built up my confidence and right after this I went into a corner too fast. My confidence then hit a patch of sand I could not see.

We all want to be Street Rossi, but it is the street with with too many unpredictable variables, so best to save that stuff for the track.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wish riders did not feel the need to get rid of "chicken strips". Enjoy your bike regardless and ride within your limits. Destroying your motorcycle while going past your 100% for the sake of scrubbing rubber on a back tire is not good.

·
Read Only
4 Posts
I wish riders did not feel the need to get rid of "chicken strips". Enjoy your bike regardless and ride within your limits. Destroying your motorcycle while going past your 100% for the sake of scrubbing rubber on a back tire is not good.
Ano exactly, i dont give a damn if i have chicken strips or not, am riding ma bike to enjoy myself not to prove something to anybody.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have fair to middling strips, no track days, just regular riding around town and into the hills every now and then. Three bikes ago I took my yzf600r to a MSF level 2 class and came home with zero strips. Never went over 25 MPH that day :)

301 - 312 of 312 Posts