Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of yall have chicken strips ,,usually on ramps i think i'm leanin far and i still have like an inch to go what gives..

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Your not leaning far enough :D, but seriously try countersteering a little bit more by applying a litle bit of pressure on the inside bar or pulling a little on the outside bar whatever u find easier.

·
Registered
320 Posts
ive got like a quarter inch or so to go on the right and a little more then that on the left but not much, cant figure out how to get them down further on the front tho

·
Registered
298 Posts
No chicken strips here, it's all practice in turns, the more you do them the more comfortable you get and the more you lean.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Has anyone on here ever edged a front tyre ?, i've never done it on road or track and not sure if it can be done. So if u have edged a front tyre i bow down to you :hail :hail

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
No chicken strips on the back and about 1mm on the front. Seriously though, you shouldn't be worried about chicken strips. Worry about your technique and they will be gone before you know it. Just remember leaning it over ridiculous amounts to get rid of them is not the correct way. You can have no chicken strips and terrible technique that's just asking for a lowslide.

·
Premium Member
8,182 Posts
Yeah chicken strips don't really tell shit about how fast you are either. If you're hangin off the bike you lean it less and you can carry more speed. Not that I'm saying you should do this, especially on the street. But anyway. The twisties will certainly help.

That being said I've got none on the back of the kawi and roughly 2 mm on the front? But that also depends on how often I can hit the twisties. It also changed significantly after I went to a taller profile front tire. Plus, I'm fond of the BT016s. I'm about to scrub the ones on the R6 this weekend. :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Right on Q. Took me a year to take off the the little Michelin man. If you run 2cts you know what I mean. It was a happy day. A local road by my work has 42 bends in 9 miles, oh that's fun! It's like a mini Dragon.
Hmm, I'll have to look for this "Michelin man", I just ordered my 2CTs and should get them Friday.

42 bends in 9 miles? Lucky...

·
Registered
276 Posts
You know whats bad....I've been so worried bout speeding here latly Mine are almost coming back,but you can hardly tell. As far as the fronts,I've seen one bike(yes it was an 07 6r :) ) and his front and backs worn hard core shredded. I asked him what track he rode on but he said he only rode on the street

·
Registered
165 Posts
i personaly like to pull on the outside bar and yes i know the little michelin man lol

·
Registered
443 Posts
You know whats bad....I've been so worried bout speeding here latly Mine are almost coming back,but you can hardly tell. As far as the fronts,I've seen one bike(yes it was an 07 6r :) ) and his front and backs worn hard core shredded. I asked him what track he rode on but he said he only rode on the street
I think it kind of depends on the local roads, not just skill. I have some twisty stuff close by, but not a whole lot, so there isn't much variety...and honestly, it just wouldn't be safe to really push it too hard on some of them just due to traffic and/or how slick the pavement is in certain places. How I would love to live close to the Tail of the Dragon or something similar...

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
im down to the top mich man on front and back and just cant seem to get past it..

·
Registered
320 Posts
i have shitty bt014's on my bike they aren't too sticky its rough to get it down there but im getting the technique, counter steer, pressure on your inside peg, outside arm and leg braced against the tank. thats how ive been taught anyhow. front tire is nuts tho like an inch to go. my rear is about to the wear bars tho, any thoughts on what sort of tire i should get, i want something sticky that will last long thats probably the only good thing about the tires ive got now, 5,000 and still not bald

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've been riding for about 700 miles. It appears I'm a little less chicken leaning right. I haven't found a great twisty run yet, just a couple short runs I'm always tempted to ride back and forth but don't because that's just asking for a police stop. As I get more and more comfortable, this familiar voice in my head keeps repeating unfamiliar enticing words, "Track Day". Does anyone know what that means?:devious

Attachments

1 - 20 of 312 Posts