Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one near Chesapeake VA??

There is a bike that I want to buy up there but dont wanna make a 4 hour trip just to see it. Maybe if someone can at least go and look at it for me before I make the drive. Id be forever indebted.

Anyone?

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jpics... There is a dealership selling a bike I am looking to get. I am not sure if you have a lot of motorcycle knowledge or not but if you could maybe take a look at it. Maybe test ride it even. I don't wanna ride 5 hours to find some things wrong. I also don't wanna give a non refundable deposit to get up there then not want the bike.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are only open Monday though Friday 8 to 6. Not sure you guys schedule but those are pretty horrible hours for a business ha

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vans of great bridge. It's a 2005 636. It's the only sport bike they have and it's an absolutely atrocious paint job. Blue with skulls.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea that one!... So can one of you guys go take a peak at it for me and test ride it. Listen to the valves. I just did my valve job and really don't wanna do another lol

Reactions: ZxRican and Polo32

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should note. I'm very skeptical of a custom paint job and even more skeptical of the chrome frame. I think it's ugly as hell. I love the black frame on the 2005..

That's why I'm concerned. What kind of person owned is Damn thing. Lol

Reactions: Polo32

·
Registered
441 Posts
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol I know right. I am really wondering why that frame is chrome

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's alot of trouble to go through to rip the bike apart and dip it in chrome. Lol

Assuming that's what happened

·
Registered
411 Posts
Is that the lowest they can go? For trouble of getting the bike to the way you want it you, you might be able to pick one up cheeper local. And save on the trip and gas to go get it. Just my two cents. :)

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldn't spend $1000 on that bike. jankity
You wouldn't spend a thousand on a clean title 636 due to bad paint? I have have the same bike currently and extra plastics and a tank. My only worry is the chrome frame. I hate it. Everything else will be different immediately.

Is that the lowest they can go? For trouble of getting the bike to the way you want it you, you might be able to pick one up cheeper local. And save on the trip and gas to go get it. Just my two cents. :)
I have an extra set of plastics and tank already. My 05 with salvage title will be my track bike. I'll put my body work on this clean title bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts