Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 636 ninja and the stator, rectifier, and battery have been replaced but when i ride it it just runs off the battery and when i turn it off and try to crank again the battery is dead. Any suggestions on what it could be? I dont know what else to replace or check for! Please help!

·
Registered
13,235 Posts
You have an open circuit. If you don't have a multimeter, you will likely spend a long time looking for the problem. Odds are good one of the contacts on one of the cables is not conductive. Too loose, disconnected, or corroded.

The shop manual for your bike is available for download on this forum. The trouble shooting matrix for the charging system is quite effective, provided you have the right tools and know how to use them.

The underlying cause...... For energy to flow into the battery, there must be a complete circuit, and the voltage has to be just a bit higher than the potential on the battery. No circuit, no current flow... No charge into the battery.

That gap in the path can be on the positive or the negative leg. Might be a bad fuse. Lots of things to check. Best to take notes.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Look for bad ground wires. Your negative battery terminal should have one, and there should be at least one more attached to the frame or tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts