Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't see anything, so forgive me if this question has been posted before.

Are there instructions for switching a 2011 zx6r to gp shift pattern out there.

Do you have to take the transmission out, or can you change it a the shift rod?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Usually you just flip the shift arm but I dont know for sure on the 2011, never had one.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Just flip the shift arm, I have the same bike it took 2.5 seconds. It takes some getting used to but once you've got the hang of it it's totally worth it.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Next time search longer... Thanks

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
For a longer explanation....

Before you remove anything, make a horizontal mark and a 45 degree mark across both sides of the shift arm across the middle of the input/change shaft. It should make a weird looking slanted X. Do this so you when you flip the mechanism you KNOW that you've put it on exactly 180 degrees different.

After you've flipped it, the easiest way to get the bolt back the right way in is to press the lever up or down (can't remember) so it changes the angle of the shift arm and it will clear the clutch cover very easily.

2009 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-6R (ZX600R9F) Gear Change Mechanism | CyclePartsNation Kawasaki Parts Nation

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wow I didn't know this could be done. This is awesome.
Yeah, bikes have been coming this way for a while. Makes life a lot easier (and cheaper) for trackheads. Factory help in financing a habit is always a plus.

Reactions: zninja
1 - 9 of 9 Posts