Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Changing sprockets and chain...NEED HELP!!

I'm looking into getting a sprocket/chain set for my 05' ZX6R, i want a bit more bottom end power to pull some wheelies in 2nd and i was just wandering what you guys would recommend for me. I've been looking around i'm just not exactly sure what i can expect performance wise, and will it hurt my top end a lot?

·
Registered
227 Posts
-1+3=3rd gear whellies=:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey,+ one front and + two rear,if your not changing chain,this will keep adj the same,no hassle removing or adding links.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow....i cannot get the front sprocket nut loose! How much torque are these things put on here with, a guy i know said usually 60 but i know were puttin over 200 to try and get it off. Anybody else have this problem? also is it reverse thread or not?

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi,there always that tight, a twat to get off,air gun job or long bar with back brake on and some one sat on the bike,3 man job sometimes,right hand thread,don`t forget lock tab,

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
They aren't generally put on with a huge amount of torque, but they do often have a locking agent which combined with a bit of corrosion etc can lead to them being a bit hard to break loose:) I always worry about using a long bar and the back brake as that puts a huge amount of torque on the brake. I've seen (only once though) a caliper ripped off its mounts that way before.

If you use an air gun (which I recommend) be sure the transmission is in neutral.

have fun

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, one more ? i bought a rk 520 by 120 link chain thinking i would need it when going -1 front +2 rear, will i need this chain or not, b/c i looked on the chain guard and it says the bike comes stock w/ a 520 chain?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts