Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got my new blinkers in the mail there a lot sleeker than the old bulky ones, im just having trouble ... do i have to take off the whole front fairing to change them? and if so there is some screws behind the odometer/speedometer which are very hard to get too, if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it, thankyou.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im trying to take it of but it wont budge ive taken off 11 screws so far and still its not moving... there screws behind the speed gauge which im not sure are relevant to the connection but i don't know how i would get to them... if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it,

thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
hi there i did my mate 98 6 cant remember taking any out from around speedo from what i can remember you unscrew the middle piece just above front gaurd then i think there is some hidden screws there but what i can remember is that the factory ones are flush or near to flush on the insidewe had trouble with enough room but got there in the end mind you we fitted flush mounts good luck with yours

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
dont need the screws behind the speedo.. there just the ones on the side and think there is 1 or 2 on the inside behind the wheel? might be 1 under the bottom?

·
Registered
604 Posts
take the side fairings off and you should be able to slide your hand in there...that's how I did my 01...thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
on g models to change the front indicators you need to -
remove the mirrors
remove the screen
unscrew the covers for ram air tubes where they go into the frame and then release the spring type band that goes round the pipe(just roll it further along)
remove the three screw on each side where the nose cone meets sidepanel
then remove the 2 R clips fron just infront on the clocks
then unplug the wiring and a small air tube that runs through the center
and remove the nose cone

now you need to remove the ram air pipe work from the nose cone these are held in by 6 screws identical to the ones that hold your screen on

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow... thats a lot of stuff to take off. could i potentially mess something up while im taking all that stuff off? like the springs and ram air ? i don't want to jeopardize my safety if i dot put it back together right... and the screws if already taken off (12) of them ive putin a bag all together and some are maybe 1/8 inch shorter than some im im not sure where exactly they came from... ive i put a short screw where a longer screw used to be would it be alright?? and how would i know where the long and short go... thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
it should be pretty easy once you get started, pretty sure all the screw are the same except the two for the ram air covers.
get yourself a haynes manual, they give you step by step guide for these jobs

·
Registered
55 Posts
just reread that, the shorter ones will probably be for the fairing

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
didnt think it would be that involved in just changing the indicators?? sounds like a real mission

·
Registered
55 Posts
tbh it sounds worse then it is, and it easier on the 6 then on my old zx9r, on that you had to remove all the fairings

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
show some pics when ya do the change over??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Really easy to remove the front fairing, just screws and a little order when putting it back, you should try removing the swing arm, sprockets and replacing all the brearings, which i did last year, boy that was fun! lol just take time and remember, if you get stuck someone will always help!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
these are the before and after pics, this was my first time ever doing a mod on a bike, thought it would be good to start small and move my way up slowly to the bigger jobs. this took 3 guys about 6 hours in a freezing cold garage lol. im pretty happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
i got the same bike and colors too! Just wondering what can you got on it
?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
what exhaust can.. mine is stock and wanna get a sport pipe on her

1 - 20 of 25 Posts