Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before, but I was wondering what people would recommend as far as chain lube goes. I Currently use PJ1 blue label. what would you suggest?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm currently using Wurth dry chain wax, before that I used Castrol chain wax, but I'm fed up of links rusting so I'm about to buy a Scottoiler (Auto chain lube system).

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
i use motul teflon based lube, comes out a white is color and does not flick off and cover the bike.. Its $27 bucks a can and i use it on my 2 bikes

·
Registered
29 Posts
i use motul lube or wurth dry chain lube,wurth is just in the lead though makes no mess and has just as good anti corrosion protection,

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used to use Motorex Cleaner and Lube, now I use the Motorex to clean and some Amsoil Metal Protectant (Chain Lube). Makes it like a film, more of a chain wax than a regular lube.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I use honda chain lube.. 7 bucks a can... I lube my chain about every 300 miles.. chains last me over 20k miles..... and it does no FLING.. I have never had any luck with waxes.. I have put them on different ways too, heating the chain then putting it on.. and have tried it on a cold chain etc etc.. it always flings...I love the lube..:devious

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don't like the waxes either. I really liked the old bell ray stuff. I'm still not sure of the new super clean, but its not bad for sure. I have also been using Silkolene (sp?) sny lube which seems very good:thumbup

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used to use pj1 black label, but it was so freakin' messy. so far the blue has been treating me very well. not nearly as much fling off. thank you all for your responses. definitely gave me something to think about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
motul (white) lube is the best. I was riding 180km a day 4 days a week for almost 6 months and tried lots of brands. The Motul seemed to be the best when applied every 300km or so.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts