Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a good cellphone mount/holder for my 2019 zx6r. Any suggestions appreciated fellas.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using quad lock case with a fork stem mount on my 2019 ZX6R. After several rides, It works great with no issues. Cost a little more, but worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll go with the same set up indy636. Does your ID "indy" have anything to do with Indianapolis, Indiana?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

talking about the Quadlock Stem Mount... on their website they say to not mount it if there is a lip at the top of the tube. On my zx6r 2020 that seems to be the case. How did you mount yours? Maybe older models have a different stem? :'(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have that lip and did it anyways.

Unfortunately....lol....

I wrecked my bike last week. Not too bad but went down at about 30mph. Bike is very sad looking at the moment.

The phone? Stayed completely secured in the quadlock without any issue lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have that lip and did it anyways.

Unfortunately....lol....

I wrecked my bike last week. Not too bad but went down at about 30mph. Bike is very sad looking at the moment.

The phone? Stayed completely secured in the quadlock without any issue lol.
Ouch, sorry for your bike... I know the feeling I basically dropped my new one after 2 days...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my '19 ZX6R. Looking to accomplish the same take. I like the idea of the fork stem mount to keep everything center but Im not sure how to go about doing it. Any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a stabilizer on my 13 and lost the option of a stem mount and as most of you know that generation has virtually no room on the handlebars for add ons. But I bought the RAM mount that’s the brake/clutch res mount and it works awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So for anyone who still wants a stem nut mount:
I just bought the RAM mount for the stem nut where you have cut the rubber to size. Ofcourse it didnt work. Complete Garbage.
After a suggestion from a youtuber I found the "Ram mount stem mount hd", which is prebuild and took about 1 minute to install.
(Gets extremely tight + it is flush with the ttree, unlike the "Motorcycle fork stem base")

You will have to get the the 13mm model, which fits pretty much perfectly. Hope this helps atleast somebody :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Used a RAM X mount on a long trip recently. Mount is great but the my BMW F800GT is a paint mixer with two wheels. Seriously messed up my iPhone 10s. It messed with the autofocus on the camera. Seems to recover after a while but I also use a handlebar on my road bicycle and if I ride bumpy roads it messes with it again. Not sure what is going on as it seems to "heal" after several days which is no good on a 16 day trip. ZX6R has vibrations but they are higher frequency. IMO find a spot to mount the base that is not on the bars. As for the phone, Ive had it almost 2 years so must be time for a new one - not! Going to spring for the new Garmin GPS system. I use my phone a lot for navigation but getting tired of this issue. RAM mount is the best I've had. I got the bigger size which fits the iPhone 10/10S/11 in a case nicely. Not back to my search for a place to drill holes in those cheap German inner fairing so I can mount the base....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts