Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 zx6r krt, to my wife the side ho.

anyways, here's my dilemma.

I have at the moment a sc project crt slip on and the rest of the exhaust is stock. currently looking for a cat delete link pipe. pinebox has failed to respond after 4 emails and rather not deal with them, I have no time for shitty customer service. Is there ANY link pipes on the market that will work with this set up?. The inlet to the slipon is almost 62mm. MJS has a black ceramic linkpipe that they will flare the end to what dimension I give, but they don't specify what material it is and for $180 I want SS (waiting for a response on material from mjs) there is then black widow, never heard of them, there out of UK. is there anything the usa? I rather not have to go to a fab shop and spend a shit ton of cash for this. i'm open to any ideas. I cant be the only one with this sorta situation.

thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
2016 zx6r krt, to my wife the side ho.

anyways, here's my dilemma.

I have at the moment a sc project crt slip on and the rest of the exhaust is stock. currently looking for a cat delete link pipe. pinebox has failed to respond after 4 emails and rather not deal with them, I have no time for shitty customer service. Is there ANY link pipes on the market that will work with this set up?. The inlet to the slipon is almost 62mm. MJS has a black ceramic linkpipe that they will flare the end to what dimension I give, but they don't specify what material it is and for $180 I want SS (waiting for a response on material from mjs) there is then black widow, never heard of them, there out of UK. is there anything the usa? I rather not have to go to a fab shop and spend a shit ton of cash for this. i'm open to any ideas. I cant be the only one with this sorta situation.

thanks guys
I have a Black Widow pre-chamber delete and its great. I would rather go with Ixil though, only $67.95. Just be aware that if you do remove the pre-chamber it will be obnoxiously LOUD with your exhaust.

Ixil Pre-chamber delete: IXIL DECAT RACE PIPE KAWASAKI ZX-6 R (ZX600R) 2009-2013 - IXIL USA

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
OP, FWIW the cats are in the header, not in the boxy chunk you want to remove. That's the prechamber/resonance chamber of the exhaust.

I expect that part reduces the sharp raspy part of the exhaust note without killing the deeper part of the sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like that pipe isnt large enough. All the links ive seen ar 2". My sc is almost 62mm which is almost 2.5inches.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. Why not give a proper HELLO with some pictures a little history.

If you can find a cheap link pipe go for it. On my tiger we used wood spade bits. Start small, once you get the first on it it's a piece of cake. Once your at the inch and a half size should be able to break it up and pull it out.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Riding skills, visibility and training saves lives. Excessively loud pipes annoy. :thumbup
I'm under the RADAR. Been riding street bikes since 1985, and have owned two bikes with louder than stock aftermarket mufflers.

The Supertrapp on my 800cc Suvuki Marauder sounded nice... deeper than OEM, definitely louder but not really obnoxious.

Bought this ZX 6 with the M4 GP already installed...... had the neighborhood calling the cops, within 2 weeks I got pulled over and was politely told it was too loud. Started babying the throttle around town to avoid unwanted attention.

Less than 6 months, I got a fix it ticket, and installed a complete OEM exhaust from the header back. I blast around harder, than I ever have.

Haven't had a ticket since. That was about 40,000 miles ago.....No close calls with drivers that more noise would have made a difference, that my horn couldn't handle.:O

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, riding skills can save lives, BUT to the idiot that may swerve into your lane cuz he didnt know you were there, loud pipes would have helped, also, what ive noticed is no one wants to cruise near my bike cuz who wants to hear it so it helps controll the amount of cars that surround me....most people fall back in their cars cuz side by side with there windiws down is anoying as hell. My bike atm is loud, i like it that wat, its not severly loud and when your riding easy and noy hammering the gas its nit bad at all, i want to open up the exhaust some and get it read to be dynotuned.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I have a LARGE Akrapovic exhaust I adapted for my street bike. Since it's a large can it's not obnoxious and keeping it sane in town have never had a complaint.
Having said that, the loud pipes saves lives is pure BS. Have yet witnessed one pointing forward, it's the cagers in front of you that need to take notice and while there not paying attention to driving with the radios's up and texting forget about it.

Still interested in your past rides, what brought you to the Ninja. Any track days planned which is the only place you will ever be able to put the bikes to it's limits.

OH, pictures or it didn't happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loud pipes let people know your around, thats all im saying, and if they know your around it helps. Im in NY and mostly travel north and carve the roads there were traffic isnt really an issue. I dont ride much in congeted areas, no fun, i like to go fast.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
.... my horn points forward.... if you want, you can buy one that produces more noise than your exhaust -- and it's pointed at the bozos you need to alert to your presence. Much more effective, than the excuse for why you (nearly everyone with an aftermarket can) want to own a loud bike.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Seems like that pipe isnt large enough. All the links ive seen ar 2". My sc is almost 62mm which is almost 2.5inches.
Yes, but your exhaust goes OVER the link pipe, so it should be larger.
Also, the link pipe has the same start and end diameters as the prechamber and since your exhaust fits just fine to the stock prechamber, it should also fit just fine to the link pipe. :wink

That's why noone makes different diameter link pipes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol my exhaust goes in to the link pipe not over dude. Ive finaly got a hard answer. Akrapovic is another over sized slip on, ive found out their link pipe is 61.5mm ID on the outlet side. My sc is 60mm and after clamped itll fit perfectly.

As far as the horn, I never used it. I dont use it in the car and i dont use it on the bike. I feel like the horn is rediculous. When i want u to hear me ill clutch in and rev it so you KNOW its a bike not another car. You dont have to agree and im not here to argue with peoples opinions and how much they think thier right lol.

Bottom line, i like the sound and could care less about someone driving by me who does. I beleive a noisy bike will let people know theres a bike around them and maybe just maybe they will think before swirving into my lane.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mrz ....MOST slip ons are 2 inches. Mine is almost 2 and a half inches. Its a oversized slip on. So no, it will not work, like not even the slightest bit. Even if i put my slip on over...explain how your go8ng to close of .25 inch gao around the link pipe....its SS its gonna flex, but nit flex that much dude. You gotta up ur knowledge on the zx6r dude

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Mrz ....MOST slip ons are 2 inches. Mine is almost 2 and a half inches. Its a oversized slip on. So no, it will not work, like not even the slightest bit. Even if i put my slip on over...explain how your go8ng to close of .25 inch gao around the link pipe....its SS its gonna flex, but nit flex that much dude. You gotta up ur knowledge on the zx6r dude
Ok, i got confused about the slip-on going in the prechamber and not over. But the logic about the prechamber diameter and the link pipe is the same.

Stock prechamber has a fixed diameter. Your slip-on fits the prechamber, it should also fit any link pipe that is made as a replacement for the pre-chamber.
End of story.

It's not about knowledge, it's logic.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
I think this pipe might need your diameter and sound requirements

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The pre chambers opening is 62mm, inside the opening is a graphite ring gasket, the inside diameter of that gasket is 2 inches. Most link pipes are 2 inches cuz they eliminate the graphite gasket. If u got a slip on that disnt delete the pre chamber, ud reuzed that graphite gasket to make up the diff. I how ever had to removed that graphite ring in order for my sc to fit. I dont get whats so complicated about this lol.

Like i said, akra, makes a link pioe thats 62mm which is the actual opening of the prechamber.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
The pre chambers opening is 62mm, inside the opening is a graphite ring gasket, the inside diameter of that gasket is 2 inches. Most link pipes are 2 inches cuz they eliminate the graphite gasket. If u got a slip on that disnt delete the pre chamber, ud reuzed that graphite gasket to make up the diff. I how ever had to removed that graphite ring in order for my sc to fit. I dont get whats so complicated about this lol.

Like i said, akra, makes a link pioe thats 62mm which is the actual opening of the prechamber.
Lolz ok cool story

1 - 20 of 22 Posts