Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I see a gain if I had straight pipe installed instead? Anyone heard how it sounds? Will it set off a trouble code? Would it void my warranty?

haha just a couple questions.

Thanks Guys

Josh

·
Registered
96 Posts
It would improve flow. Not sure if it will set off a code. They must prove the mod caused the failure before they can void a warranty or deny a claim.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the pipe is stainless right? Has anyone on here done this mod?

·
Registered
99 Posts
haven't done it myself... only thing to think about is that there is an exhaust backpressure valve located just before the silencer, so that would have to be removed at all in order to unrestict exhaust flow... and that be the case just wait for a company to come out with a full system and buy that.... otherwise you're just gonna waste all that work for using the same silencer and pipe. i'm just waiting for akrapovic's new system. check their site and check under the coming soon section... it's sweeeet!

·
Registered
316 Posts
A m8 of mine did it in the uk on a gixer 600 and completly F****D it up.Had to send it to Dynojet for them to sort out.Cost him £540 for the bill.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I believe the pipe is stainless right? Has anyone on here done this mod?
if its the same as my 05 pipe will be titanium factory and not sure what to expect as mine is just coming out but will let you know once its out

·
Registered
397 Posts
a friend that i work with bought a leo vince exhaust for his 07 and it got rid of his cat, he said that the power difference was unreal, I wouldnt just take it out, the oxy sensor is right at the end of it, find an exhaust that takes it out with the pipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts