Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casey Stoner is coming back to motorcycle racing... to the up coming 8 hour Suzuka.

Looks like Stacry Moaner just can't stay away...

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
personality aside...he is a way better rider than you...and me...and anyone on this forum. Food for thought.

That said, I am not surprised. In the history of sports I don't think there has ever been an athlete that retired as his prime that did not make a handful of comeback attempts, with varying degrees of success.

We wont see him in MotoGP which is fine with me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
personality aside...he is a way better rider than you...and me...and anyone on this forum. Food for thought.

That said, I am not surprised. In the history of sports I don't think there has ever been an athlete that retired as his prime that did not make a handful of comeback attempts, with varying degrees of success.

Barry Sanders :)

Just saying...haha

I thought it was a trivia game.:laugh

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
"I'm bored, I'm broke, I'm back"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF5SGK1YiUo

A real Character

Anybody who could win on that Ducati has serious skills in my book.
He didn't leave due to injury, so i'm sure he could come back if the desire was still there. I think he felt for what he did for a living, he should be compensated more.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I think its a good thing. The dude was a beast and he raced hard even when he was feeling like ass because he had no idea that he was lactose intolerant. Although i do find it funny that his daughter has the same birthday as rossi, whom sends her presents every year lol.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Maybe this will get his juices flowing for a MotoGP come back. Say what you will about the guy (personally, I think he's douche bag), but he's one hell of a rider. I, and most race fans would love to see him go up against MM93.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Maybe this will get his juices flowing for a MotoGP come back. Say what you will about the guy (personally, I think he's douche bag), but he's one hell of a rider. I, and most race fans would love to see him go up against MM93.
this would be a great battle... def would go down in the book

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
this would be a great battle... def would go down in the book
Of course this is opinion, I do not know him personally but from what I have seen, I do not think this would be a great battle. Casey folds under pressure, Marquez does not. This is why we will never see Casey back in MotoGP as any kind of serious contender.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts

I completely agree.
& he has been away to long to make a motogp comeback, Thats the razor's edge of competition.

But Suzuka should be another story, I expect he will do well there.
Maybe that will prompt em to try more...WSBK might be a bridge to far, But would be nice.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Let me be clear, He could try a motogp comeback, Im sure he could find a team to take em on.
But to be competitive after what 3 years now? Not going to happen. Keep dreaming boys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts