Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Was just curious if anyone has had experience with this bluetooth set. I just ordered it online from Amazon and wanted to know if anyone has had first hand experience. Pros, cons, etc. I've watched some reviews, but it seems more of the "legit" ones are on the bold version. I currently have an Arai Corsair-X helmet and am hoping the slim will fit as I feel it looks way better aesthetically.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I have had both Cardo and Sena headsets (not this exact model of Cardo, however). Sena has been a lot better, and I have had a lot less problems with it (no problems at all actually). The sound volume was always way too quiet on the later model Cardos and not great sound quality, and the speakers/wires always had problems almost immediately even when brand new, and even the replacement parts they sent me (hopefully the JBL's will be better, but who knows).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Since you mentioned Senas, I've been using the 20s Evo for the past year, and I honestly have zero complaints as well. I did do aftermarket speakers off the bat, and its glorious. Range, sound, volume, battery life, ease of use, all pretty dang good.

I am hearing that the 30k is kind of a waste of money, 98% of riders don't have more than 8 people in a chat at once, and only 5% of those 2% of people need the mesh range that goes really far. The 20s Evo range is beyond VLOS and has always surprised me that I was still connected to an individual who missed a light in the group.

I will not be buying a new bluetooth device in the next year at least, and I may consider the new Sena depending on the reviews when it comes out.

Incase it matters, its in a Shoei RF1200.

-Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your guys’ input. Decided to go with the Cardo Slim based on reviews via YouTube. If it doesn’t workout with fitting or noise, I’ll likely return it. Amazon does wonders with returns LOL.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Since you mentioned Senas, I've been using the 20s Evo for the past year, and I honestly have zero complaints as well. I did do aftermarket speakers off the bat, and its glorious. Range, sound, volume, battery life, ease of use, all pretty dang good.
Which speakers did you get?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Which speakers did you get?
Seems I have lost my receipt from last year, but they were standard upgrades for the 20s evo by UCLEAR. Plug and play. I want to say around 60 bucks. Just the speakers, no microphones or anything else. They work great. Plenty of bass for my needs, especially considering the size of them. I struggle more with keeping wind noise out of my helmet from my weird shaped head in the back than anything though. But the speakers are great.

-Mike

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ive used these Amazon.com: Iasus Concepts Xsound 2.1 Motorcycle Helmet Speakers - Connect to Optional Bluetooth Headset for Wireless Application: Automotive in my Shark Race-R-Pro and now running in new AGV K6. They are good speakers for the price ($40). Used to have some speakers that were $100 or more and these sound almost as good. They seem to sound a better in the K6 but maybe because it's new. Speaker positioning relative to ear makes a big difference. I went with the Cardio Freecom 1+ as I don't ride in groups and mostly listen to music and VERY occasionally answer a phone call. Music while I ride? Last year made two long trips and the music helps drown out the mechanical noises from my BMW F800GT - think tin can full of pennies :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Tried out the Packtalk Slim for a few days and found it didn't work well with my helmet and jacket - it would interfere with movement of my head when I look left or right... so, I returned it. God Bless Amazon's hassle free returns! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts