Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have managed to get my hands on my mates carb vacuum guages for the weekend. I intend to set up my carbs so they all pull together, riding last summer sucked literally.

The bike had crap acceleration and flat spots at every other 1000 rpm.

I am a fully qualified vehicle technician and have balanced throttle bodies on race cars before.

However one thing I have learnt over the years is that no one knows everything and you shouldn't be afraid to ask for advice.

Here goes!

Has anyone any tips for setting up the carbs on my ZX6R F3 model that will make it easier and more enjoyable?

Thanks in advance.

:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure if your bike will be the same or not but when I did this on my previous bike, 2003 YZF600R, you had to balance 1&2 then 3&4 and then all 4 together. Takes several tries to get them even but its well worth it. Don't worry about how MUCH vacuum they are pulling, just make the effort to get them all the same, using the lowest reading as the target. HTH.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

Just finished balancing the carbs on my F3, it was a doddle.

Thanks for the advice, I did balance 1 + 2 then 3 + 4 then evened them up by the middle adjuster.

Just been out on a test ride, it's like it was when I bought it. Far quicker acceleration than normal and no horrible flat spots.

Balancing the carburettors has to be one of the easiest tasks to complete to make such a difference to the power delivery and possibly the overall output of the engine.

I recommend this to all. (Now grinning from ear to ear whilst riding.)

Weather is fine at the moment in Kent, so I'm off out again.

See ya later.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Congratulations on a job well done!:thumbup
Im glad it was a "doddle" for you. (I think)
Im not to sure what that means...but it sounds
like its a good thing.
Proud of ya for jumping right in there and making
an effort to do it yourself.:devious
Carbs were a big intimidation for me and I used to
spend too much money before I just "jumped in there".
Now, they are a "doddle" for me too.:)
Good job, Bro.
Enjoy your ride, you deserve it.:rockon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts