Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just replaced my fear change lever on my 08 ZX6R Ninja.

I took note of the position of the nut on the old one, and then replaced it with the new one.

It seems now that I can't select any of the gears. Do I just need to keep tweaking the nut on the lever that tightens it to the push rod?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I lined it up just like the picture. I can drop it into 1st, and up into neutral, that's it. I can't select 2nd etc.

I'll keep trying adjusting the push rod

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Loosen "h" and spin "f"....are you sure you got both washers "c" back in.

Your angles of "e" and "d" are pretty close to that in the diagram above....those are pretty crucial.

If you unhook from the shifter shaft itself,"d" the shifter mechanism should spin pretty freely on the pivot pin "a"-if it is hard to move, then it is binding and won't want to return once you do shift, in essense holding the shifter drum in a "locked" position, so pulling up again wont yield any results..

Hard to explain via internet, alot easier to show in person.

·
Registered
894 Posts
if the bike is not running and your not moving you wont be able to get anything other then 1st or n.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, Having said I can drop it into 1st and back into neutral, I though I'd take it for a run and check out the rest ofnthe gears. I started the bike, warmed it up, put it into 1st...and it stalled. Tried it over and over, and it does the same every time.

The bike doesn't jump like it engaged the gear and stalled, it just died.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts