Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i have a 2002 zx6r a1p, wich ive just fitted a micron end can, ive heard that i may have to get a dynojet kit fitted, do u know if this is a must or can i just carry on riding without getting it jetted. thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
With just a can u shouldnt worry about it...if it was a full race system then u wouldn need a jet kit and some tuning.

Just ride ;)

Jay

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a micron end can with my bike. It was on the bike when new from the garage. It run fine, no problems at all. I added a power commander to mine and had it tuned at my local dealer and got an extra 4 bhp out of it!
Go out and enjoy the sound of freedom!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You can ride it like it is, but it will run better with a properly mapped out powercommander.

·
Registered
5 Posts
iv just fitted a motad r end can , and i didn't do anything to the bike .its put a few hp on the power .but at first it was fireing orange 4-5 " flames out :dowhat .so i took it to a mate an now it fires out blue flames ...on high revs ...

p.s its a unbaff can .:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
You certainly won't need a PowerCommander as the A1P is carb fed.

The best thing to do is ride it and see if you feel any flat spots, hesitancy in the rev range or areas where it stutters.

Also watch out for fuel consumption issues, mostly higher consumption.

I have an Akrapovic carbon can on mine that is just a slip on and it runs just fine with no rejetting.

A

·
Registered
5 Posts
i,ve got also got a 2002 a1p, i fitted a blue flame end can and k&n air filter then got the carbs re-jetted to suit (dyno jet kit).

before i got the carbs done the bike felt as though it was running fine but i was told by the guy who fitted the dyno jet kit that i definatly needed to do it as the bike would be running lean (not enough fuel) due to the improvements in the air/exhaust flow i had made.

the results after were amazin' now running a genuine 110bhp at rear wheel:) , one downside it now uses more fuel :( which i guess proves it was running lean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah from o3 onwards they are fuel injected, the A1P 02 uk model used the 636cc engine but it is carb fed and looks like the J series bikes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Will it make any difference getting a dyno jet kit with just a scorpion can and K&N filter .

I was looking into getting a full system for the power improvements and the louder sound
Whats the loudest full exhaust for an A1P in the uk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts