Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it mostly a matter of the mid pipe or is there something else going on clamps?? and such? Also what are some god options for high mounts for a zx6rr 2003. One last Q, are the exhausts for zx6r and zx6rr the same? thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
yes exhausts are the same for the r and rr... my personal high-mount bias lies with micron but it all depends on what you want... i personally like micron because of their color/finish selection... im not sure if you can just take any can and stick it on a high-mount pipe, im sure somebody else can answer that but if you look at any picture of a 6r with the high mount, you'll see how it screws to the frame (via the can clamp)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Any slip on pipe can be made into a high mount, you just need the midpipe and the bracket (Than can very easily be fabricated yourself). Pipes that are the TRS shape probably won't work but oval pipes should be fine. I've personally got the Scorpion high mount. It's just a normal slip on but you can see how it attaches to the bike. That bracket is just a flimsy piece of aluminum that could easily be fabricated (You retain the pegs with this bracket, too. It looks better with them off though). You'd probably have a hard time just buying the midpipe however so your best best would probably to sell your current setup and buy a high mount straight out. Go look at the 03/04 Exhaust Options thread (Well when my bandwidth has been reset for the month. Ahem) and you can see which pipes you can actually buy as high mounts.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
wiht the high mount does the sound cahnge much cos of more pipe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts