Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i buy a Full system and replace the OEM O2 Sensor with a Wideband one.

Can i use this OEM O2 sensor at my car (BMW E36 316i) ?
Theoretically the principal of work is the same and need only to match the cables and solder them to harness.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Are the connectors the same? Newer cars usually use a different number of wires on them to provide the preheat function.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Are the connectors the same? Newer cars usually use a different number of wires on them to provide the preheat function.
More useful replay than previous one :D

The main reason i start the thread is to ask if there are differences between O2 sensors (p.h voltage, Amps, pints, functions etc)

As you mention the ZX6R sensor have Preheat Function, i will look if my car have it.
Now remain to find the Voltage/Amp specs for both (car & bike). I assume that the thread is same.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
U can build an O2 simluator. Go on youtube and search for it. Guy shows u how to make one using a couple resistors....cheap!

·
Registered
875 Posts
check out bigdaddysgarage.com or something like that you can spend next to nothing on o2 foulers. i came from an automotive background and i can tell you its probably a waste of time trying to put a japanese motorcycle o2 unit into a german engineered bmw. but be my guest and if it works make a thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts