Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, odd question need a quick response!

I have a 2005 zx6r I just got that needs to be fully rebuilt. Engine has 30k miles clutch doesn’t work. Etc
found a bmw s1000rr engine for very cheap, cheaper then a 05 25k zx6r engine

CAN I SWAP A 2010 BMW S1000rr engine in a 2005 ZX6r? Is it possible?

·
Registered
138 Posts
You would have to buy engine, electrical wiring, throttlebodies, ecu. The s1000rr is extremely full of electronics so it will probably not be happy without all the gizmos. The speedo need to be swapped as well, and probably a lot more stuff.
Thats all before you even needs to find out how to make it fit with cutting and welding the frame, mounts, airbox, chain and wheel alignment. Etc etc
Short answer, NO, you can't just put a s1000rr engine in a zx6r...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand it won’t just pop in, I’m asking if it’s possible. I have a zx6r body and s1000rr engine. Even if the engine fits would the weight be even. Would it work

·
Registered
138 Posts
I understand it won’t just pop in, I’m asking if it’s possible. I have a zx6r body and s1000rr engine. Even if the engine fits would the weight be even. Would it work
Anything is possible with enough skill, labour, tools and determination and money. The engine is probably too big for the frame so you would need to modify a crucial part of your structural frame.
I'm just saying it won't be easy, you need way more than just the engine to make it work and in the end it will be way cheaper and easier to just buy a s1000rr frame/bike.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yea Ik, dumb question I just have a zx6r body and 1000rr engine
Theres no such thing as dumb questions, only dumb people.

The engine will definitely not fit. The amount of money you will spend trying to make it work would probably exceed the cost of just buying a complete s1000.

Its not worth even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
the weight difference will be a non issue;

FZ07 engine............... 321 lbs
R6 engine.................. 320 lbs
R1M engine.............. 332 lbs

but yes you can do it, but as stated the cost will be prohibitively high and the results could be dissapointing or worse, dangerous

1 - 8 of 8 Posts