Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also, do you guys/girls prefer a 180 or 190 rear tire (why)?

Im a pretty new rider and this is my first time buying Tires. :O

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Bridgestones or Michelins are pretty decently priced. around $300 for a set from Motorcycle-Superstore.com. Dunlops and Pirellis are a little pricier though... Good luck!

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I'm a Michelin fan, all I use now, But I've used Continental's in the past.
Not a bad tire for the price. look at the "motions" for the best price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a fan of the Michelin. Not sure what the prices are like over in there. Rode with some bridgestones and didn't like them. Really is personal preference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bridgestones or Michelins are pretty decently priced. around $300 for a set from Motorcycle-Superstore.com. Dunlops and Pirellis are a little pricier though... Good luck!
Cycle Gear has a sale on the Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 for $220/set.

Any experience w/ these?

·
Registered
366 Posts
IMHO I'd say spend a little extra on the tires. On certain things, I like to look at worse case scenario and tires to me is not something I would skimp on. Last thing I need is to go down while riding due to tire failure or inability of the tire to grip.

My vote is for q3s. I like them way better than the battlax s20. That and you can be the set for $245 with free shipping from motomummy. If not q3, I'd try pp3

·
Registered
4,415 Posts

Any experience w/ these?
I really did not care for the BT016 tires...

Personally I am a Pirelli guy but as others have mentioned, to each their own. I think if you look at any of the online "deals" you can usually get a set at a pretty good price.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This might help you with your decision:

From September 1st - 30th 2014. Purchase a set of 2 Bridgestone® Battlax S20 or Battlax T30 sport touring motorcycle tires and get a $40 Manufacturer Rebate in the form of a Bridgestone Visa® Prepaid Card by mail.

Bridgestone Motorcycle Tires

·
Registered
4,203 Posts

Any experience w/ these?
Those were my first tires I believe, that came originally with the bike if I am not mistaken. Lasted approximately 8500 miles, good grip. But honestly, I prefer the Michelins now.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Those were my first tires I believe, that came originally with the bike if I am not mistaken. Lasted approximately 8500 miles, good grip. But honestly, I prefer the Michelins now.
I think you are correct, but I think the OEM version was slightly different maybe more life, but the aftermarkets (pro) have more grip.

·
Super Moderator
13,322 Posts
Iirc my q3 were in the ~250 range shipped.

It's like having a gecko below me compared to what I had before.

Ey3

Reactions: fulopchoy99

·
Registered
588 Posts
All about preference.
Yup, whatever makes you feel confident. I liked Diablo Rosso II on my CBR, then got the Q2/Q3 and liked them more. Wouldn't mind trying either one on my 636, but the S20 seem pretty confidence inspiring as well. Some day I want to try something more track biased (on the track) and see if I can tell the difference. Probably can't at my speed but worth trying.

·
Super Moderator
13,322 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the help. Ended up at the Yamaha dealer and got the Dunlop q3s out the door w/tax mounted and balanced for $308 front and back.
I doubt you will be disappointed.

Ey3

1 - 20 of 35 Posts