Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went with Sleevetricks advice and bought a Sony DSC-T50. Very happy with it! I got the red one so it's pretty as well as functional! :thatsgay Yay!

Anyway, slapped it on the tank camera holder thingie and took a blat up the local 'twisties' (Except they're not really twisties, just a road with far too many driveways) and the camera held up perfect. This road is very bumpy and it didn't give me one hiccup. Hooray for a camera that actually works! I also got to try out my Ixon Anthemion one piece suit that I've had no time to use. Whoa! Comfy! It fits me pretty good for an off the rack suit (I'm 5"2/105lbs) so I'm chuffed with it. Need to get to the track now. I uploaded the video for anyone who wants to see. I know I have a fetish of watching tank cams. Sorry for the music, I had to cover up the wind and vibration roar somehow (Why is the microphone on the bottom?! Wtf)

MegaUpload - 30mb or YouTube

I took a few pictures at a petrol station on my way home from work at 1am to test the night time flash. It really needs a tripod though. The camera is actually sitting on the ground and I accidentally pressed the button. But you know, lights are pretty and all. Zomg. I'm liek, so arty.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
love the pic. what sticker is that on the front of ur solo seat? did u ever get ur gear indicator to work? love ur shift light as, was it hard to install? i like ur twisties they are better than mine. Got a pic of ur onr peice?

·
Registered
389 Posts
nice pic and +1 on the twisties too many driveways. Thats how my local twisty is:( Its like 10-15 miles of nice curves but far to many driveways. That's how my buddy wrecked a few months ago...someone pulled out infront of him:(
Loved the video and loved the music. Watch out for those cars those...when you came up behind that first one it made me nervous just watching it.LOL Nice riding by the way. And how the hell do you convert KM into MPH? I was confused the whole time :rotfl

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh also the whole opposite side of the road thing...CRAZY!!!! It's wierd watching it:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah, you need to go to a track, you'll love it trust me.

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
very nice!!! makes me wanna go ride my bike again. I rode it the other day at 40 degrees. After 1 1/2 hour my hands were frozen

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Nice pic.

Great video.

(I'm too paranoid or too old to do those sorts of speeds on the street now. Took four licences to learn my lesson though, all for speeding. 3 of them weren't suspensions, they were cancellations. Do my learners permit test at 9:00am drive around for an hour on L's, go back and do the licence test at 10:00am a PITA. The last one was a month suspension, not too bad but I had to take a month off work :banghead, couldn't afford to do that now.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments, guys!

Nice Stizo! Thanks for feeding my addiction. Love tank cams.

The sticker on the solo cowl is a cow. I also have another on the fuel tank, just so people know it's not a mans bike (Like you couldn't anyway with all the pretty crap) His eyes have fallen off though. The gear indicator still isn't working and I'm too lazy to re-solder the wires so it will probably stay like that until I have all the fairings off for some other reason. The rev meter was a piece of piss to install. Just finding the right wires is a bit of a pain. I don't think I even soldered that, just twisted the wires together.

50 mph = 80 kmph isn't it? There is much better twisties a short ride from my place but I cant be bothered. You have to be there at a certain time to beat the traffic. Plus, the coppers are everywhere on the bike hot spots.

The gas pumps aren't really at a normal petrol station. It's a private one where you use a card instead of talking to a grumpy cashier. They are pretty old school I guess (The newer ones are like 4 together at the one bowser, is this new school? I'm so behind the cool kids!) What do American pumps look like?

Heres the one piece and a pic I took last night (Ala Avatar)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
(I'm too paranoid or too old to do those sorts of speeds on the street now. Took four licences to learn my lesson though, all for speeding. 3 of them weren't suspensions, they were cancellations. Do my learners permit test at 9:00am drive around for an hour on L's, go back and do the licence test at 10:00am a PITA. The last one was a month suspension, not too bad but I had to take a month off work :banghead, couldn't afford to do that now.
What speed/s were you caught at? I lost mine at the start of year for 6 months. That was pretty much hell. Had to walk to work everyday. Not something I want to repeat. I keep to the speed limits on highways and whilst commuting. There is no need to speed on those kind of roads. Unfortunately I have needs in the twisties and I cant control myself.

I'm thinking of giving up riding on the road altogether and taking it all to the track. I'm getting sick of the asshole cagers, especially at night when they think driving behind me with high beams on is a fun thing. Even if I'm doing the right thing I get harassed or nearly killed and it's starting to bother me.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The laws were different when I was younger. No points system, and zero tolerance for P platers, an offence, any offence was a court case with a minimum 3 month cancellation. And 80km/h max speed while displaying P's or L's :rant

(I was allowed to do 100 when busted)
130 in a 100 - 3months
140 in a 75 - 3months
Doing a burnout & a bit of sideways action - 3months :banghead

133 in a 100 - 1 month suspension + points

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Man yall laws are ruff, I know they can suspend ur license here also but u got to have a lot of point first though, with the laws over there I would really only ride on the track. I am also tired of the street after only 5 months cagers are trying to kill me. Track here I come and quarkz I love the new aviator. Sry about the gear indicator. O the was the rpm light worth the trouble?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts