Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting's everyone, I recently purchased an action camera similar to GoPro, but cheap enough to lose ;-)
Also various mounts including suction-cup, adhesive pads and clip-style mounts.
So I would like some input/advice on where to place the camera for some nice video footage while riding.
What are your favorites?
Thanks in advance and Happy Motoring!!:smile

·
Registered
12,451 Posts
I think you should be able to search the site and see a wide variety of choices in this regard. There's a number of folk who have built stabilized mounts for their track bikes, used multiple cameras on the same bike, and have done a lot of video capture. Seems to me there should be a section for that......

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I use a glue pad mount from GoPro to attach it to the side of my helmet, and an arm to position the camera at the front of the chin bar. It gives the best POV, in my opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to have my GoPro mounted to the side of my helmet but you would only see one side while I am riding.
Mainly have the camera to catch anything weird that happens when riding and its paid off a few times now.
Actually caught a crash and run guy on video and cops used my footage to identify him.
I am changing my mount to this one though so I can get a front chin mount for a better view
https://agirlandherbike.com/products/helmet-front-mount

·
Registered
304 Posts
I used the curved glue mount to mount it to the front chin also, not a fan of the camera being on one side of the helmet

·
Registered
419 Posts
I mounted mine on the top of my helmet. I can feel the wind resistance but it’s not horrible. Whoever you look, you get video. Just used the curved adhesive mount from GoPro.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I put a curved mount on the top of my windscreen. Have run it there for years without any problems and have never lost a camera. Every two or three years the adhesive weakens so replace the mounting pad. Always check to make sure the mount is secure and the camera is correctly latched in it's case. Not a fan of helmet mounts, love the position but don't want to run the risk. Last time I was at the Unclaimed Baggage Center picked up an almost new Hero 6 for $238. It was missing the little side cover but got that for $12. My 3+ was getting a bit flakey but didn't want to spend the money for a new one. If you are in north Alabama its a great place to visit, never can tell what you will find. I've been there and found nothing and I've found $2,200 camera lenses that were hard to find new in the store! When my mom was sick I used to go visit her every weekend and would go by there on the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts