Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Trying to source caliper rebuild kits for my 2003. My usual sources don't have any, I am in Canada but I can buy from US if needed. Where are you getting your rebuild kits?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I order through bikebandit.com the individual oem parts need. Maybe check EBay for a complete”kit” ; however, might be hard to judge quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pricey...true. But we are talking about a critical component that needs to function flawlessly.

I went OEM, but I’ll be curious what you eventually find myself!
Can I ask what you paid to do it this way? Looking at Partzilla the OEM parts will be $134+ per caliper. I'd be looking at $400 CDN for the pair.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Can I ask what you paid to do it this way? Looking at Partzilla the OEM parts will be $134+ per caliper. I'd be looking at $400 CDN for the pair.
On Bikebandit.com I spent $117.70 US for the 8 seals, 8 dust seals, and two caliper-half joining seals; enough to replace the rubber components of both front brake calipers.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I’ve always been told to use only brake fluid to lubricate brake seals. The grease products will contaminate the brake fluid, and attract dirt.
I use it on the rubber seals only for assembly. I've used it once on the caliper pistons and it was a mess, so I agree with you on that. It's safe to use with brake fluid. Brembo includes a pack with its rebuild kits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts