1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Why waste time revving up like that instead of just accelerating out of there? Luckily the guy slowly merged into your lane and wasn't one of those fast swerving lane changes, which gave you tons of time to react, and you used that precious time to hold in your clutch and rev rather than a quick downshift and go? :O

·
Registered
218 Posts
glad he didn't just merge straight into you. I hate being in the middle lane for that reason.

·
Registered
476 Posts
this is why I also try not to stay in the middle lane for long. double the amount of chance a cager will merge into you since you've got them on both sides. At lease the shoulder can serve as an escape in case of emergency, despite the possibility of debris.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
You didn't do anything wrong so don't take this the wrong way and I'm not sure how long you were there, but you're in a middle lane matching speeds with a cager in his blind spot with a semi truck to your right.

Are you trying to die? That was such a bad situation to be in to begin with.

Glad you're ok, shame on the driver.

·
Registered
393 Posts
1. You were in his blind spot, just hanging out enjoying the view or something. (The trucks and white car)

2. Don't stay there any longer and rev your engine getting sandwiched. Accelerate and get out of there

Idk... that's just what I observed

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
That happens to me all the time. I can see it coming before they even change lanes. I have become quite the expert at spotting these dumb shits as I approach. No special identifiers other than a cell phone and a gut feeling. I swear this lady last week pissed herself when she jerked it back into her lane. I too hit the limiter real quick as I'm going by, but I'm normally traveling a little faster than they are and they get the scorpion in their ear as the bike travels past their window. But yeah, I wouldn't make a habit of it. Just accelerate, forget and move on. And try not to let yourself get into positions like that if you can help it. I do know it's next to impossible in heavy traffic though. You're always going to be in someone's blind spot at some point in time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This has happened to me maybe a half a dozen times. Gotta keep an eye out for it all the time. I try to avoid the cage's blind spot. I ride lane 1 for almost all highway traffic and I commute every day.

I have got to say that commuter traffic is very different from daytime traffic. In the mornings and on the rides home most people are all doing the same thing and mostly staying in their lanes. That being said, one morning I remember I was in lane 1, no one was next to me and I see this 1970ish oldsmobuik merge onto the highway directly to might right. Then he comes over 1 lane, 2 lanes and finally 3 lanes right into me! I couldn't believe it. He never looked over. I just hit the gas and got him behind me quick and made sure he stayed there. I never forget it and I'm always on the lookout for it.

Good to see you didn't get splattered. Hate to say it, but it will happen again.:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't get it twisted, this happens to me all the time. Its just now that I have a new gopro I record everything I do.

I didn't stay in the middle of lane long, it was only because I was about to exit. So I was making my way to the right lane. I am always on the far left lane on freeway.

Reactions: kk2hernandez

·
Registered
61 Posts
people covered u being in blind spot plus not accelerating out of it but why did u not honk?
does ur horn not work?? or did i just not hear it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts