Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to the forum, after 3 Ducaties i bought a 2007 zx6r, its amazing,it starts when you press the start button, the brakes work,no oil leaks or rusted out wiring, i cant help notice that slip on exhausts are about half the price if bought from america, does anybody know if american spec exhausts are the same as British.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
If it's anything like Australia (Which it probably isn't but oh well) you are only charged duty if it's over $1000 AUD. They can always fib the value on the declaration form but if it's registered (Like it should be for such a valuable item) you're only doing yourself out of money if it gets lost in the post and the correct value isn't put down. If it's just a standard slip on though it won't be over a grand.

Pipes sold in the US usually don't come with dB killers/baffles which are required in the UK I think (Most people take them out but they are good if the pipe is too loud)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
looked on the usa ebay and no body will send to oz cos they cant be bothered or the cost is to high and some of the stuff is half price as well

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
looked on the usa ebay and no body will send to oz cos they cant be bothered or the cost is to high and some of the stuff is half price as well
Lots sell to Oz. I've bought 3 pipes from the US. Postage is usually about $50-70 registered.

·
Registered
900 Posts
The UK limit is lower than the Aus one I think its only around £50.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Ive tryed to buy a under tail a,d 3 slip on ehxaust and they all say no or 100 bucks in oz money! Oh well guess our money is no good> HAHA

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
to buy a exhaust and then ship it for 100 i can spend 250 and get a second hand pipe from the wreckers.. not giving the yanks a hard time

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm sure thats in the next budget, breathing tax..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts