Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here. Like I mentioned in the title, I am considering to get the ZX636R. It will solely use for track. At the same time I'm considering either CBR600RR or ZX636R. I got to express on how beautiful and well equip the ZX is. I understand that this is a forum for the ZX. I wish to know your personal opinion on the ZX at the track, especially the one have been doing TD or racing with it.

I'm not sure if the parts used on the previous gen will be able to fit in the 636. Anyway I'm a beginner rider on the track, been doing TD for past 1year on my Ducati Streetfighter S and been riding around for past 11years, now I'm looking for a proper and dedicated track bike.

I've read on one thread that there is this one guy here who race with his ZX636R, other than that it seems like there is not much who is racing theirs.

I appreciate so much on what is your views on the two bike mentioned for TD or even racing it.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new here. Like I mentioned in the title, I am considering to get the ZX636R. It will solely use for track. At the same time I'm considering either CBR600RR or ZX636R. I got to express on how beautiful and well equip the ZX is. I understand that this is a forum for the ZX. I wish to know your personal opinion on the ZX at the track, especially the one have been doing TD or racing with it.

I'm not sure if the parts used on the previous gen will be able to fit in the 636. Anyway I'm a beginner rider on the track, been doing TD for past 1year on my Ducati Streetfighter S and been riding around for past 11years, now I'm looking for a proper and dedicated track bike.

I've read on one thread that there is this one guy here who race with his ZX636R, other than that it seems like there is not much who is racing theirs.

I appreciate so much on what is your views on the two bike mentioned for TD or even racing it.

Thank you
Not as many people race the 2013-2014 models because many racing organizations do not permit them due to the displacement advantage. Most of the people who race them use older generation models which were under the 600cc limit, like the 2009-2012 models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about TD and how is the bike personally? Comparing the 2 bike, the ZX has a longer wheelbase as it is made to ride mostly on the street unlike the previous gen. Agility, picking up speed fast, holding the corner well and braking is most important to me for now. The previous gen is a proven race bike but the current one there is not much answer around.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
What about TD and how is the bike personally? Comparing the 2 bike, the ZX has a longer wheelbase as it is made to ride mostly on the street unlike the previous gen. Agility, picking up speed fast, holding the corner well and braking is most important to me for now. The previous gen is a proven race bike but the current one there is not much answer around.
The 2013+ model can be a superior track bike but you have to address the fact that its stock suspension is more set up for street riding. Whether this means making simple adjustments or replacing parts I cannot say, though.

·
Registered
974 Posts
The '13-'14 models are designed to be more streetable while not compromising any trackability. It has more bottom and midrange, which doesn't translate to the track as it does on the street. If you are going to use it for the track only, then I would say to go for the non-ABS model for when you are no longer a beginner on the track.

Since you are a beginner, either will be fine. If you were going to be driving the bike at 100% of it's abilities, then I would say the ZX-6R 636 would trump over the 600RR. The new 6R has 110hp while the CBR600RR is at 97hp off the same dyno on the same day. These numbers are different with every dyno, but that would be your difference in power; 13hp. Does this mean anything to you? No, it really doesn't, because you are a beginner at the track and will never see the difference. Honda's are known for their great handling and smooth/reliable motor.

If you go with the ZX-6R, just make sure to stiff up that suspension.

The 6R has a great traction control system that you can utilize as a beginner on the track and turn it off once your abilities supersede the technology.

There are plenty of people on this site who take theirs to the track. PLENTY

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The '13-'14 models are designed to be more streetable while not compromising any trackability. It has more bottom and midrange, which doesn't translate to the track as it does on the street. If you are going to use it for the track only, then I would say to go for the non-ABS model for when you are no longer a beginner on the track.

Since you are a beginner, either will be fine. If you were going to be driving the bike at 100% of it's abilities, then I would say the ZX-6R 636 would trump over the 600RR. The new 6R has 110hp while the CBR600RR is at 97hp off the same dyno on the same day. These numbers are different with every dyno, but that would be your difference in power; 13hp. Does this mean anything to you? No, it really doesn't, because you are a beginner at the track and will never see the difference. Honda's are known for their great handling and smooth/reliable motor.

If you go with the ZX-6R, just make sure to stiff up that suspension.

The 6R has a great traction control system that you can utilize as a beginner on the track and turn it off once your abilities supersede the technology.

There are plenty of people on this site who take theirs to the track. PLENTY

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate on your view and experience.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
To answer your other question -- almost every part from the 09-12 models are interchangeable with the 13-14 models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts