Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a Monday so most of you probably won't be able to make it but I'm just posting up anyway. Because I like to dish out plenty of opportunities for you folks to get on the track with us.

So there it is. Monday the 27th with Let's Ride. There might still be some spaces available.

Also that weekend are some track days at Streets of Willow with TrackXperience. I thought about going to those, but quite frankly I've been on a Buttonwillow Bender lately so I'll hit up SoW during the Let's Ride 2 month break.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
How come you don't g down south?

I thought you liked going down south? ACS Fastrackriders? Why don't you want to do track days there?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hey there MOM - I was planning on being there though I haven't paid yet and now it looks like its sold out. I'll be calling today to be put on the wait list.

If I make it I'll be hard to miss - the old guy with the orange '06.

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent!

What group did you sign up for?

Alex: lol I think you're mistaken. ;)

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
I thought you liked going down south? ACS Fastrackriders? Why don't you want to do track days there?
Because it's auto club speedway? :O

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
I'll be there... with a much louder and more obnoxious bike. With mooaar paaaooowaar!!

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have to say that it was a pretty spectacular day.

Russ: iIsaw an orange bike out there, but I wasnt sure if thst was yours, did you end up making it out?

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be there... with a much louder and more obnoxious bike. With mooaar paaaooowaar!!
Lol, I see that worked out for you. So much paaaaooowaaar that your clutch toasted itself. :devious

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well, I have to say that it was a pretty spectacular day.

Russ: iIsaw an orange bike out there, but I wasnt sure if thst was yours, did you end up making it out?
I did - I think I sat next to you on the grid at the start of one of the sessions. Silver bike with some green on the nose? You were going so fast compared to me the only way you would have seen me on the track would have been if you had mirrors

I really enjoyed the track though I was monumentally slow - I was having a hard time picking good braking points on the slow corners (Sunrise, Sunset and Mazda) so I was just trying to enjoy the nice day out and watch the cool folks rip around....

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wowzers, sorry for the typos! Damn phone.

Anyway, I DID see you! You should have said something. But I understand. Very cool that you enjoyed the track. That Mazda turn was a new one for a lot of us and my entry speed was probably the top of the list of things I wad working on as well. I had a lot of reluctance to trust my front end.

Next time ya make it down, let me know (if you are so inclined). Usually we camp out if enough people are coming from out of town.

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
Lol, I see that worked out for you. So much paaaaooowaaar that your clutch toasted itself. :devious
Linkage parts on order. She'll be back in action soon. The clutch was flawless doing a couple fast starts in the paddock... but that damn linkage being chewed up wouldn't let me have a clutch every time I pull the lever. :(

And I can't complain. Getting to ride this thing was pretty damn fun!

Wowzers, sorry for the typos! Damn phone.

Anyway, I DID see you! You should have said something. But I understand. Very cool that you enjoyed the track. That Mazda turn was a new one for a lot of us and my entry speed was probably the top of the list of things I wad working on as well. I had a lot of reluctance to trust my front end.

Next time ya make it down, let me know (if you are so inclined). Usually we camp out if enough people are coming from out of town.
Dude... that turn was a trip... I haven't done it clockwise in about 5 years! I scared myself coming into it in 3rd (like I do in sweeper) and almost took Roberts new bike motocrossin' hehehe

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, all in all an amazing day. I took the 2012 ZX6R out for a couple of laps. They really ironed out the kinks from the 09s. Mighty fine machines!

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
They really ironed out the kinks from the 09s. Mighty fine machines!
Really? You mean.... those different colors make a lot of difference? lol

Mechanically identical is just that. Mechanically identical :D

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's like saying that they didn't iron out kinks from the 06-07 R6s when developing the 08+. Just because they didn't modify performance or redesign components doesn't mean that they didn't revisit the drawing board and tweak the things most complained about. Isn't that why the regulator rectifier recall only applies to certain bikes within that generation? Now, it's entirely possible that my dude's bike is just tuned nicely enough to where all of the quirks weren't noticeable. I'm no expert. I just know that when I rode yours, it wasn't nearly as enjoyable and it felt a lot more subdued than the one I rode yesterday. A nice bit of handling, a nice smooth unrestrained power curve, etc.

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
That's like saying that they didn't iron out kinks from the 06-07 R6s when developing the 08+. Just because they didn't modify performance or redesign components doesn't mean that they didn't revisit the drawing board and tweak the things most complained about. Isn't that why the regulator rectifier recall only applies to certain bikes within that generation? Now, it's entirely possible that my dude's bike is just tuned nicely enough to where all of the quirks weren't noticeable. I'm no expert. I just know that when I rode yours, it wasn't nearly as enjoyable and it felt a lot more subdued than the one I rode yesterday. A nice bit of handling, a nice smooth unrestrained power curve, etc.
mmmmkaaayy... lol.

"Mechanically identical" - From the mouth of the Kawasaki western regional service manager that services both dealers I've worked at in the last few years.

Again... suspension setup probably had a lot to do with that. I also thought I noticed his bike had the stock exhaust? If so... good reason why it pulls better in the mid range rpms.

You probably didn't like mine because it wasn't setup for you. It was setup for me. And I ride a shit ton harder than you do kiddo. :D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
^^^ Oh no he didn't! Lol

Reactions: MistressOfMayhem

·
Premium Member
7,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol I'm not gonna measure dicks with you, kiddo. My understanding is that there MAY have been some mapping changes in 2010. But that's what I heard from MY source, if ya want to be silly about it. But in the end who REALLY gives a shit?

I guess the moral of the story is that I liked his better than yours. :devious ;)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Lol I'm not gonna measure dicks with you, kiddo.

the moral of the story is that I liked his better than yours. :devious ;)

I see what you did there, Ms. Wordplay

Reactions: MistressOfMayhem
1 - 20 of 21 Posts