Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got hit by a car while doing 30 mph. Turned into me from the right.
My flying skills need some improvement but I was lucky or am made from metal as there are no broken bones to report, only some bruising and pain. But hey we live and learn.
So my bike is in a bit more pain than me. Fairing completely stuffed, raidiator stuffed both sides rear sets broken off all indicators stuffed. What to do. The bike was mint before the accident and I am affraid I think it might be written off. Any ideas?
I would love to rebuild her and I see some loveley looking aftermarket fairings on ebay for a great price import from Hong Kong. If anyone has suggestions on what is recommended that would be great. She only had 16k Miles on and as reliable as my Mum.
Anybode know what the legal side would be for me to keep her and maybe take a cash payment from insurance and start my restore?

Thank you for any advice in advance.
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am waiting for the engineer to come and inspect it. Hopefully I could get enough to purchase another one and possibly buy back my old one as a donor.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hong kong kits have proven to be crap, they are not drilled and have no foam pads either

·
Registered
116 Posts
The insurance companies sometimes pay you out, then they give you the option to buy it back but that would depend on whether they consider the damage to be cosmetic and not worth fixing or a total loss. If it is total loss then it cant be put back on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts