Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i saw this and it showed me alot on what to get and not to get and this is whats going on my bike

http://oakland.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012401&l=3d3e3&id=38500385

well i am turning my 2006 kawi 636 into my track baby( i retired from the street after my first track day in feb), first off i know i spend alot of money and (yes i own the bike the title is in the mail, alot of ppl say o u better own it before you mod it out), i could have got a new bike :confused maybe a zx10

but i did it any ways, hopefully all the money is worth it i will see on july 28 and 29 at jennings

first off this is the ruff copy my real pics will be added when the bike comes out the shop and stuff

lets start up front, with the brakes.
i did the brakelines first it was like 20 percent better and also about 30 percent better after a good bleed
i know the superbike lines or better than the regular steelines(long story)

then came the brembo master all i can say it it makes a huge difference on the track and the street like 40% difference

will put on hh pads and give a reveiw one i use them for now the stock ones work but the fade a bit after a few real hard stops

the rear was a waste of money only becuase i am not fast enoungh to make real use of it on the track with out locking up the back tire

a damper is a must for the street and the track it give you convidence because you dont have to worry about tank slaps and other things

pazzo levers are really great but the shorties to ME didnt feel right to me so i had to sell them and get a long one

then the power i had a akra slip on and then i got a full the difference is huge but for a street bike i would put a slip on a PCIII

then the PCIII and the Igination and the quickshifter. the PCIII really makes the throttle so much smoother and the quickshifter is great. i raced my friend with it and everytime i shifted i got 1 or 2 bike lengths ever time its great, also gp style is a dream to me I will not do regular way every again

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
then there is the rearsets, it makes another huge differenece it makes the bike more comfortalbe to me i like the fully adjustable ones will always buy for my bikes

the custom tune is worth the moeney it makes the bike run smooth and makes more power

then there is the stuff i haved tested or played with
the suspension the front is gettin revauled and put new srpings
then there is the penske triple shock

the race body work, i got hotbodies and it isnt as bad as ppl says but it isnt the best but i can get 2 sets of hotbodies for the price of the best o well. the fit wasnt hard and it lines up almost perfect but when u drill ur wholes it lines up perfect

then the bells and whistles
the shift light and gear indicator
none of the following pics are mine

on bike pics

the chain and sporket +2 in the backis the best bang for buck perfromance mod its better than the full sytem and custom tune but u need a speedo healer

i also got a lap timer

covers to protect the motor

the trailer

the ststands.com stands to transport my bikes with no straps or load on my front forks

also had to get stands to hold the bike up to do work on them and stuff so the pitbulls where the best
we all know how that looks

there is more probly just forget, well if you have any questions feel free to ask later

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can i make this into a sticky if i make it all professional? or a how to section under how build a track bike?

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
this is good, but you need to minimize it a bit and link each part to another thread. This doesnt look organized

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is good, but you need to minimize it a bit and link each part to another thread. This doesnt look organized
thanks and its a ruff draft i will do the full version once i got my bike back and can take pics, i want it to help others cuz i had to learn this the hard way and buy stuff twice(

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It also help if these pictures dont have copyrights on them for legal reasons.
i dont think i can get sued for promting a product i use:coocoo and like i said when i get my bike back i will take my own pics)

·
2,271 Posts
well.. we have a few lawyers here.. Eitherway, id ask permision first to the owners before you do anything.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Very impressive mate, well done. I'm not a mechanic and i'm not an expert about bikes but with these things i can learn something, thanks again bro..:hail

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i just got my frame sliders in the mail, suppose to be the best because they dont dig into the ground when u call but who knows but i didnt seee a few fall on them and they did a great job, any one wants my old ones there no cuts all you have to do is pay shipping

·
2,271 Posts
I can take that from you if you dont need it.

let me know, ill give you the company fed ex or UPS account to mail to me :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can take that from you if you dont need it.

let me know, ill give you the company fed ex or UPS account to mail to me :)
not the new ones the old no cut ones i will put up pics in a the next week when i get the bike all back and together

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Wow Alor! Nice job. You've got more balls than me (Understandably)

Gotta show us some final pictures when you get all the gear on, will be sweet!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts