Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
how do you like that exhaust? does it get rid of the pre muffler box?
It sounds great, looks good and has held up just since I first installed it last summer. No complaints from me.

Mine bolts straight to the headers, no mid-pipe or pre-muffler on mine. I believe those started 2 or so gen's later.

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
this was in the fine print

Note:
If your bike is equipped with an O2 (lambda) Sensor in the muffler section, you need to purchase an additional O2 Sensor Eliminator.
Our Danmoto Exhausts come without Bungs for O2 sensors.

Does this apply to the 09-12 zx6rs?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_US/zx6r-2009-2015-gp-extreme-product-309.html?zenid=8ngjp6bpvmn8kkdu5655vavc61

i found this for mine i am kind of curious to why it is so cheap? it says it comes with the mid pipe, but the other slip ons like graves and m4 that i have been looking at are all 400-500 dollars?

The end is some kind of muffler or baffling right? it doesnt look like it is just a straight through pipe.
Dan Moto isn't nearly as notorious for slip ons as Akrapovic, TwoBros, Yoshi, Graves etc. They're going to offer a lower price to stay somewhat competitive.

From what I've gathered in buying it for my gen, it'll take a little more work to get it to fit the bike. The clamp that holds the pipe to your rearsets doesn't fit the greatest. I had to fab/cut it a bit, to make sure it held the pipe tight and in the correct position.

I've also heard the padding inside the muffler deteriorates quickly, but this I haven't had alsony issues with. I have a little over 1000 miles on mine, and it works the same as when I first installed it.

It's not a straight pipe, the tips has padding which is sealed by a perforated metal case. I can take pictures later tonight if I remember to help explain.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ah i really dont want to get into fabricating at all i am not the most mechanically inclined

·
Registered
676 Posts
That's a wonderful bike you got one of the better lookings of all the zx6 glad you took it from who ever had it. What were they thinking with those stars on it smh

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
which dan moto exhaust is that? any modifications? how does it sound?
It's their GP style sxhaust. I had to modify the bracket to hold it to the subbie a little, but other than that it's as it came out of the box. The sound is the best feature of it, gives it a throatier sound and IMO is very very loud too.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts