Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda blew my wad on the purchase of my bike. I'm looking at a brake disc lock, or something else similar for security purposes. I am open to suggestions, or recommendations. Again, I am on a budget. Lo-Jack seemed a little pricey. Thanks in advance... Rick

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I think it would really depend on your area and where you park it. Most any lock can be defeated, disk locks especially because all it would take would be a couple of guys and a van to haul off with it. I'd get a heavy cable and lock it to something stationary. Can still be defeated, but would be more trouble.

good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they will have to break into my apartment in order to steal it from address. I have sweet talked my roommate into replacing the kitchen table with my bike. Profile pic says it all, have a gander. I'm worried about other locations though

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
comprehensive insurance. i have mine in atlanta, and the only way i can relax when parking it around is with it. i know 4 people who've had their bikes stolen here. the insurance is worth it if you're in an area where it's a problem

·
Registered
74 Posts
insurance.if they want it they will take it.

get a cellphone with gps and wire it into your bike so its always charged,when its stolen give the number to the cops.30$ alternative to lojack

·
Registered
39 Posts
my dad told me a long time ago, a lock is made to keep an honest man out, it will not stop a theif. very true words. personally i put up a hot wire around my building i keep my bike in. then i put in a 40lb. pitbull. seems to be working so far.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
best bet is keep it in your apt/house/garage like suggested i have full coverage, lo jack, some off brand alarm w/ pager, disc locks, and i normally keep it in my house, no not paranoid just dont truste anyone lol

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
best bet is keep it in your apt/house/garage like suggested i have full coverage, lo jack, some off brand alarm w/ pager, disc locks, and i normally keep it in my house, no not paranoid just dont truste anyone lol
umm...full coverage would pay you for your bike...so unless it has a ton of sentimental value, adding lojack/alarm/etc is not a very wise investment..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
full coverage is the best bet man
also a expensive lock and chain and lockin it to something solid is the next best thing if you dont have a garage... but for that money you will spend on one of the chains and locks u cant cut you should jsut get an alarm with a 2way cuz i would want to catch the mofo and beat him down

i would rather just put a 2way alarm on my bike and get the full insurance

the alarm will stop roughly 50% of theifs... the other 50 are taking the bike anyways so thats y u need full insurance

you could invest on getting a big 350lb. black guy to stand next to it. nobody is messin with u r bike with big black security!

·
Registered
227 Posts
full coverage is the best bet man
also a expensive lock and chain and lockin it to something solid is the next best thing if you dont have a garage... but for that money you will spend on one of the chains and locks u cant cut you should jsut get an alarm with a 2way cuz i would want to catch the mofo and beat him down

i would rather just put a 2way alarm on my bike and get the full insurance

the alarm will stop roughly 50% of theifs... the other 50 are taking the bike anyways so thats y u need full insurance

you could invest on getting a big 350lb. black guy to stand next to it. nobody is messin with u r bike with big black security!
why not a 350 pound chinese guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
You could wire in a hidden kill switch. That wouldn't help stop anybody from lifting it into a truck but it is something. I think the disk lock is good too.

I've seen a motorcycle front tire locked to a sign post before. Thieves are quick if they want it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts