Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The picture shows where my slider snapped off during my latest crash, taking with it the top part of the bolt. I am planning to drill it and try an extractor, any other thoughts?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
What would you suggest as a good alternative to a frame slider?
Case sliders, tank sliders are more effective in protecting the necessary bits without the chance of this happening or cartwheeling your bike down the road.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Case sliders, tank sliders are more effective in protecting the necessary bits without the chance of this happening or cartwheeling your bike down the road.
It's funny you mention that because I just ordered R&G tank sliders. Mostly because of the damage shown here.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Bubble wrap.....
Lol Yeah tell me how that works out for you...

It's funny you mention that because I just ordered R&G tank sliders. Mostly because of the damage shown here.

Good job!!! too bad you didn't have those on instead of the frame sliders, woul've had less work right now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Every accident is different and i have seen frame sliders saving the frame from being scratched up, breaking clip ons, and levers. If it's a lowside and the bike doesn't slide off the road there's a good chance there will be little damage.

I recommend you let a professional remove the bolt and thread a new one.

What brand of sliders? I've had good experience with yoshi.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Every accident is different and i have seen frame sliders saving the frame from being scratched up, breaking clip ons, and levers. If it's a lowside and the bike doesn't slide off the road there's a good chance there will be little damage.

I recommend you let a professional remove the bolt and thread a new one.

What brand of sliders? I've had good experience with yoshi.
These were Shogun's and my bike actually ended sliding on both of its sides because it initially went down on its left, then slid into the mountainside, flipped up and onto its right side and slid back out into the road where it eventually stopped. The slider on the right side stayed in place and actually protected the right side fairly well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
+1 For GB racing and R&G racing protection for my investment. These were some of the first mods I added to my bike. I bought my bike in August last year and currently have 1,800 miles on it. I low sided my 2001 CBR 929 last year and was able to ride it home 120 miles thanks to my Shogun frame sliders. I wanted R&G sliders due to the fact they use de-embrittled high-tensile steel bolts which are designed to bend on impact rather than to shear or snap.

·
Registered
679 Posts
So far i've seen R&G hold up, Trex I can personally attest to and woodcraft you can never really go wrong. Shoguns, Yoshis are to name the few that I've seen having not really living up to what they are suppose to do. It is case by case of course. Each low side is going to be different than one another and you can really only attest to the ones where the bike actually stays on the pavement.

To the OP, do you know what the bolt that came with the sliders was rated at? Usually has a rating on the head.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts