Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I changed my oil today with motul 300v man what a difference bike is super smooth now. But when I was removing the old oil filter with the special oil tool I cracked that little tray right underneath the oil filter on my 2018 zx6r is it okay if I just remove that tray completely? Or should I buy one? Thank you

·
Registered
480 Posts
Id replace the piece or repair it. Before K&N fired their QC staff I used their oil filters just to have the nut. Otherwise I get out the preferred tool for filter removal - a giant pair of slip lock pliers. When changing the oil I use a piece of aluminum duct tape stud on it so that any oil that leaks will drain into the pan and not all over the bike.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Just a cap-type oil filter tool works perfect for me on the oem filters; easy on easy off with no crushing or damage to the near-by drain lip.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
can you send me to the exact one you have please?
It’s stamped “65/14”, which means 65 mm and 14 flutes/sides. Just Google “oil filter cap wrench 65 mm 14 flutes” ....think I just got it at an auto store.

I normally use it with a torque wrench to torque the new filter - per the manual - to 17 N-m. Then I use a safety-wired hose clamp to make sure it doesn’t back out during my track days.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts