Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up brodas :2fingerlol:
here is another DIY to help another broda do their oil and filter change :devious
so here it is brodas !!!!

YOU WILL NEED , 4 QUARTZ 10W40 OIL , A WASHER AND AN OIL FILTER AND AN OIL PAN , AND SOME OPTIONAL OIL FILTER WRENCHES TO HELP REMOVE THEM

ITS EASIER FOR ME TO HAVE MY BIKE ON STANDS, BUT ITS OPTIONAL

NOW REMOVE THE RIGHT AND LEFT BOTTOM FAIRINGS TO ACCESS YOU OIL DRAIN PLUG AND FILTER

NOW TURN YOUR BIKE ON AND GET IT TILL NORMAL TEMPERATURE, I TOOK THIS PICTURE BEFORE IT REACH IT , SO PRETTY MUCH I WOULD SAY AROUND 180 OR 190 DEGREES OR EVEN BETTER RIDE IT :)

NOW SHUT IT OFF, LOCATE YOUR OIL DRAIN PLUG AND DRAIN THE OIL INTO THE PAN

NEXT REMOVE YOUR FILTER ,I USED THE WRENCHES, AND INSTALL THE NEW ONE , PUT SOME OIL ON THE RUBBER GASKET, AND HANG TIGHTEN IT

THEN, POUR THE NEW OIL ON THE RIGHT SIDE , REMOVE THE OIL CAP, IT TAKES ABOUT 3.6 QUARTZ TO GET THE RIGHT AMOUNT, IT SHOULD BE BETWEEN THE UPPER AND LOWER SIDE ON THE OIL GLASS INDICATOR

THEN, RUN YOUR BIKE AGAIN AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR LEVEL AND YOU ARE ALL SET BRODA, !!!!!!
THANKS A LOT !!!!

·
Registered
12,958 Posts
The bike needs to be standing completely straight when checking the oil level through the sight glass. Just thought Id clarify that. But good job on the info Renzo :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks brodas thought it will help

The bike needs to be standing completely straight when checking the oil level through the sight glass. Just thought Id clarify that. But good job on the info Renzo :bigthumb:
And yes i missed that broda , thanks for the tip

·
Registered
768 Posts
Shit broda, you're lucky.

The filter on the 13's are in a really tight spot on the left side, I always end up crushing the shit out of the old filter to get it off of there, almost no filter wrenches fit. I liked my old 06's filter placement....so much more convenient.

Looking forward to more DIY broda......hoping someone will do a spark plug replacement DIY soon....it's gettin' about time for my plugs to be swapped.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really broda ? Damn can you post a picture to see where the filter is located
For sure broda i need to change my spark plugs as well

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely broda

Reactions: ZxRican