Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts
Just fitted Bridgestone S21s front/rear, coming off the S20 evos. Only 300 miles street riding on them so far. Just as fast warm up as the evos, and a tad more grippy. Front tire has a more pointed profile so tip in requires less effort.

Just fitted Bridgestone S21s front/rear, coming off the S20 evos. Only 300 miles street riding on them so far. Just as fast warm up as the evos, and a tad more grippy. Front tire has a more pointed profile so tip in requires less effort.
Good to hear. Thanks for sharing. When I had the S20's they just did not inspire me. They felt twitchy. It was probably all me I am sure. I am a very slow rider and not very good.:sigh: I sure liked the Q3's,Rosso Corsa's, Super Corsa's and now the RS10's. Maybe I'll try a set when these wear out to see how I like em.

What pressure are you running in the rear? You are cooking um up good on the street. You have to be burning up the road for sure. I am liking the RS10's but I think the Q3 profile is a bit more confidence inspiring. The RS10's turn in QUICK and I'm not sure I like it better.

What pressure are you running in the rear? You are cooking um up good on the street. You have to be burning up the road for sure. I am liking the RS10's but I think the Q3 profile is a bit more confidence inspiring. The RS10's turn in QUICK and I'm not sure I like it better.
Front is 32 and the rear is 31. Cold. Seems to work well. I might try 29 in the rear and see how that feels. I think I am used to the larger profile in the back. The 190/55/17. I really like how the motorcycle feels with this profile. I have run the 190 series quiet often. Or even a 180/60/17 with the Pirelli Super Corsa's. I do like how the turn in feels faster,more responsive.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Ya, you can go down a couple psi in the rear. I'm at 29.5 last time I checked. Works good. The RS10's turn in really quick. I am not sure I like it over the Dunlop. It almost feels like a well used Dunlop Q3 in that it falls into the turn, not transitions into the turn. A bit unnerving at times. Once it settles on edge it's good to go. The RS10's also skitters a bit when pushed hard. This can let you know you are close to the edge of traction. Still workin it, trying to do a bit more testing . Not sure I am sold on them.

Well. I did this today at 33 front and 34 rear. Cold pressure. This picture was taken after prob 20 minutes of riding and I forgot to check the hot psi. I imagine it would be 2 psi higher approx hot. Tomorrow I will try lower and see what it feels like.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #69 ·
What tire pressures are y'all running on the RS10s? I'm having a rough time getting a good setup it seems. We've had some really different weather over past month so I dunno if it's that. Colder roads make colder tires. They feel overinflated to me.

I do 31 front and 29 rear cold. It seems to work well. I really haven't been too picky. I could probably go down in the front a psi but I'm riding canyons only and who really cares to go MACH 80 around every corner.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Yea that's where I'm about at. I'll drop the rear more. The front tire is giving me some weird feedback in a straight line but I'm assuming it's just the profile of the tire. Tire prefers to be on its edge for sure.

Might even take them to the track in 2 weeks and see how they do.

Bridgestone loves their complicated tire lineups. Seems RS10's are so soft that they are not practical for street riding. Especially with the brand new S21 coming out that's supposed to be better than the old S20 and S20 EVO.

Let's all just run T30 EVO's? lol

I think I bumped it up high for street riding, like 36 PSI front 40 PSI rear. Better mileage

This is the last shape of my RS10 before I put the Pirelli's on. I matched my time on the Q3's so they do the job just fine and I know I could still push them some more.

So I got just over 1,500 miles on these tires with extreme use. I need to find something I can use for commuting and extreme use. That will last longer. I love the RS10's big time love the feedback. Tire life sucks. Worse than a SuperCorsa.
With the same results.

Attachments

Out of curiosity Alex I noticed u said uv tried the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa....I too am interested in trying these (think the super corsa is too extreme to warrant its use for spirited road riding.) Anyway u like them?....thoughts? I too have hated any Bridgestone iv tried (never tried rs10). I think I'm right in hearing the rosso corsa has same compound at edge as sc? Iv always been a Michelin guy (pp2ct) which I love due to fast warm up and fast turning profile but want to try Pirelli as everyone raves bout them

Out of curiosity Alex I noticed u said uv tried the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa....I too am interested in trying these (think the super corsa is too extreme to warrant its use for spirited road riding.) Anyway u like them?....thoughts? I too have hated any Bridgestone iv tried (never tried rs10). I think I'm right in hearing the rosso corsa has same compound at edge as sc? Iv always been a Michelin guy (pp2ct) which I love due to fast warm up and fast turning profile but want to try Pirelli as everyone raves bout them
I liked the Rosso Corsa's a lot. They come OEM on the 899 Panigale. At least they used to. Fantastic tire in my opinion. I love these RS10's but I need to switch to something that will be more for commuting now. So I will prob go to the S21's Those Super corsa's are simply amazing but pricey. Michelin is fine. I had their lowest line and it did a great job. I think it was the 2ct. Or something like that.

Old thread but bumping for the August 2017 Bridgestone tire rebate.

So what was the consensus for track use?

For intermediate track go with which? S21 or RS10?

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.