Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Zx6r
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I thought I'll share this with you, in case there's someone looking around for good quality, cost effective and yet very much performant tires for street use on ZX-6R.

I managed to get 10 000 kms (~6213 miles) out of my BT016 PRO's, and I'm extremely happy about them. No track use - I was doing casual&touring riding, across various temperature ranges (from +5 C at winter time to +35 C at summer time), straight and curvy roads, highways, dry & wet conditions (including going @ ~80 km/h on highway during extremely heavy rain), they performed just fine. Never slipped, no punches. That's a surprise for the price you can get them now (170 eur for a set). Surely, getting another set for upcoming spring.

Happy riding! ;)

Rear wear @ 10k kms:

Front wear @ 10k kms:

·
Registered
14,190 Posts
I've been very happy with Avon Storm 3D XM.... so much so that I am on my third set of them. I consistently get 12,000 miles (19,000+ KM) per set. Street riding over the same sorts of temperatures, and conditions. Very consistent performance no matter the weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't have anything however acclaim for my BT016s. I do generally stand up expressway riding and 2-3 forceful gorge rides a month. After about 3k miles they are wearing equitably and have a very sizable amount of hold for some great twisty activity.
Vidmate

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
cut the op's mileage in half or less and that would be the typical mileage I see on any of the customers here who run them!
2200-3200 miles routinely is it for any of the riders locally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts