Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone did my first track day yesterday at Brands! I was in the intermidiate group.
It was amazing got to find out what the bike can really do. Leaning the bike over really far knee down and getting it sideways. I was shocked how far you can brake into the corners and how early you can get on the power. Was running on Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas Sc0 front (Extra soft) Sc1 rear (soft).

There were around 15 crashes during the day including my mate. Dont let that put you off though get out there and do a track day.

Fitted race fairings just incase you know what happened. Took me about 4 hours to take off road kit and drill off new fairings but well worth it.
Will post more pics of me going round the track when i get them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nine pic.. mate. Can you describe your feeling of your first lap ? I'm asking cause i never had an experience of a trackday...!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
awesome, sounds like great fun. I'd love to do a track day, not too many here in lazy old Perth though. What would your race fairings set you back

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first lap i was really nervous but as soon as you get out there you just get into the riding. The first session of the day consisted of following an instuctor around for 3 laps, quite slow and no overtaking allowed, then go for it, had around 7 or 8 15min sessions so loads of track time. Great day.
Fairings cost me 220 pounds mud gaurd on its way as well hopefully.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Bike looks great kitted out! Shame about your mates right, though!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
welcome to the track day life style and sry about your mate, what kind of leather and boots and helmet do you wear for ur track days?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'd give my left nut to ride Brands...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
MY mates ok got a burn on his arm where the stretch panels went through on his leathers and a sore knee. Mostly just fairing damage although Akra zorst looks a bit bent.
I wear AGV Ti Tec lid, Alpinestar boots and Hein Gerrik leathers with back protector.
Not sure what colour to spray my fairings? Might go for the silver look to match my leathersand tank, or Black/Yellow/gold
My Leo Vince made 105db as well on the noise test just on the limit if anyone's interested

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well done for popping trackday cherry mate! What a track to do it on too.
Aren't Pirelli's GREAT!

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
sounds like fun. that's a nice completely white look, ha.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My Leo Vince made 105db as well on the noise test just on the limit if anyone's interested
See...now 105db is reasonable noise level at a racetrack. Not sure I consider Laguna Seca a "world class" racetrack, but it's the best we have in Cali. The db limit is 92...which is complete bullshit. The air box howl alone on a STOCK 6R is enough to get you booted. I don't even bother going there anymore...

:puke Laguna

·
Registered
503 Posts
Man would i love to ride the corkscrew at Laguna! That looks like FUN!

·
Registered
39 Posts
well done kwakinut, sounds like it was an awesome day. where did you get the fairing from? i want some for mine for track days did you get your tires changed at the track?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts